Bill Maher w/ Mos Def and Cornell West

O

open mind

interesting show.

mos def a funny dude tho."they passing the presidential from bush to clintons and from clinton to bush back like it was a PARTY JOINT FUCK DAT"

that was some funny but tru shit.dont vote bush or clinton u need a new leader that is not form dat fuckin clan.

the stuff that happend in lousiana was also fucked up.
when will the ignorance of people will go away?

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
that was interesting... I don't completely agree with all of Mos Def's opinions but he made some damn good points.
good post.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
that was interesting... I don't completely agree with all of Mos Def's opinions but he made some damn good points.
good post.

yeah no doubt, i was also suprised to hear cornell support some of these ideas. i don't know for sure if o.j. did what he was accused of. I feel that for mos def to say he, an West, believe that o.j. is innocent takes some credibility away from the many things they believe in that are absolutely right. I mean it doesn't matter that they believe he is innocent personally at all but to announce it while they are trying to bring these serious issues to white america is not strategic in the slightest. Also, cornell needs to stop speaking so complicatedly.. I have followed Dr. West for years, infact he was born in my hometown of tulsa, an feel that since he is bringing these many critical truths to a public made iggnorant of america's realities by mainstream media, which are all owned by about 2-3 white people, he should try to speak more clearly to be understood before the viewer develops judgements.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah no doubt, i was also suprised to hear cornell support some of these ideas. i don't know for sure if o.j. did what he was accused of. I feel that for mos def to say he, an West, believe that o.j. is innocent takes some credibility away from the many things they believe in that are absolutely right. I mean it doesn't matter that they believe he is innocent personally at all but to announce it while they are trying to bring these serious issues to white america is not strategic in the slightest.
well Bill brought did open the door. but i think the point they were trying to make is, it wasn't as obvious that o.j. committed a crime compared to the police in the rodney king beating. rodney king gets beat, it's captured on tape, no mistake about it, and yet the officer go free? but it couldn't be proven that o.j. murder anyone and yet, white america is pissed with he's freed? i can't say i saw white america get as pissed about the rodney king case as they did in the o.j. case. injustice in the justice system is nothing new to the minorities/mid-lower class people of this country. the o.j. case was a high profile case, and the prosecution failed. besides, it's difficult to believe anything that the major media chooses (keyword chooses) to inform the country/world about. Paris going to jail for drunk driving..is this really news that brings enlightenment and information that's beneficial to the common public? peole go to jail for drunk driving everyday. lidsey lohan's drug rehab debacle(of course she didn't get as much shine as paris did). now to switch it up, they kept Michael Vick in hourly rotation on the tube over the dogfighting investigation (i'm curious as to when this investigation began, it didn't just come out of thin air, that they undercover cops attending dog fights that vick was apart of) but i haven't seen as much as a 3 minute segment as to what has happened in Jena. Mos was correct when he said that american news media has a thing making people out to be criminals without substantial, concrete proof. amercian news media has a thing for instilling fear in people, so it picks and makes villians and criminals, but on the other hand, the crime that taken place in Jena was not "news enough" to inform the country and the rest of the world about?
Also, cornell needs to stop speaking so complicatedly.. I have followed Dr. West for years, infact he was born in my hometown of tulsa, an feel that since he is bringing these many critical truths to a public made iggnorant of america's realities by mainstream media, which are all owned by about 2-3 white people, he should try to speak more clearly to be understood before the viewer develops judgements.
i feel you, but it seems that he always breaks down his complicated yet eloquent anologies. i like it when he does that. i'm always tryin to follow what he says before he begins to explain it. i admit tho, he stump me with this one tho..lol

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Yeah it pissed me off as much as any black man about the Jenna thing, especially how there was no light shed on the story in the media. Man if some shit like that goes down and they barley cover it, then what else is happening that we don't even know about? Certain states basically fuck black america, while the rest of the country just sits quite and lets it happen. They need to deal with these ignorant towns and states that are letting these types of things happen, instead of treating them like the "crazy racist sibling"...."oh thats just uncle Louisiana, they've always been that way." Like Mos said "FUCK THAT".

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
but it couldn't be proven that o.j. murder anyone and yet, white america is pissed with he's freed? i can't say i saw white america get as pissed about the rodney king case as they did in the o.j. case.

that is a good point. it's been looking doubtful wether america will last long enough to right all it's wrongs and find a balanced equilibrium and peace amoungst it's people.. i have hope that it will. This hope squarely rest on the shoulders of those like dr west and mos def,, This fight is more strategic in my mind that any military battle though.

most people who have allegiance to their race are usuially concerned when good or bad things happen to their race and less concerned when good or bad things happen to other races. it makes perfect sense to be concerned about those who are close to you and who you identify with.

i personally have an allegiance to humanity so my concern is every race. we are all ambassadors of humanity and if we began to put earth into perspective with our universe we could began to see how precious all life on earth is. to feel that any race of humanity is better than another is to think so small and boxed-in that it boggles my mind.

if we, as a specie, were to get life on earth into perspective then maybe every person on earth could find happiness, true happiness. and not the kind of false happiness that money, feelings of superiority, power, or iggnorance will bring. these types of happiness are like an addiction: the first few experiences might feel good but the essence of that good feeling is will never be reached.

much love

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
that is a good point. it's been looking doubtful wether america will last long enough to right all it's wrongs and find a balanced equilibrium and peace amoungst it's people.. i have hope that it will. This hope squarely rest on the shoulders of those like dr west and mos def,, This fight is more strategic in my mind that any military battle though.

most people who have allegiance to their race are usuially concerned when good or bad things happen to their race and less concerned when good or bad things happen to other races. it makes perfect sense to be concerned about those who are close to you and who you identify with.

i personally have an allegiance to humanity so my concern is every race. we are all ambassadors of humanity and if we began to put earth into perspective with our universe we could began to see how precious all life on earth is. to feel that any race of humanity is better than another is to think so small and boxed-in that it boggles my mind.

if we, as a specie, were to get life on earth into perspective then maybe every person on earth could find happiness, true happiness. and not the kind of false happiness that money, feelings of superiority, power, or iggnorance will bring. these types of happiness are like an addiction: the first few experiences might feel good but the essence of that good feeling is will never be reached.

much love

I couldn't agree more man..

members online