Best workstation/sampler

xenophidia

Hello everyone.

I have a quick question - and yes, I have searched the web for answers. There were so many opinions that I got dizzy. I nnow this has been discussed to death, but I hope that you can shed some light on my question. I would like to hear your opinions and experiences.

PS: I am from Denmark; please excuse my grammatical mistakes ;)

I have two options that suit my needs: (It must have software integration). The two models are Akai MPC Studio and Machine MKII. PS: I'm not looking for other models of MPC or Maschine Mikro.

Are there any of you that have tried both models? I have always been a great fan of Akai MPC, I was about to buy the studio model, but now I am not sure anymore…? Of all the music I've heard, the tracks produced on the Machine sounded more bombastic and had a crisp sound to it, opposite to the music produced on the studio. Whether it has been a coincidence I do not know?

I need a sampler to sample sounds from LP’s and from wav. I've heard that the Maschine is very different from the MPC studio when it comes to sampling. I heard that the Maschine does not have a sample sequencer; so it is impossible to chop the samples into pieces and trigger them from the pads – is that correct, it sounds wrong?? On the other hand, I think the MPC Studio software sucks compared to the Maschine’s software. So now I am in a dilemma about what I should buy. (I think I will buy it during the next month).

The price is also quite different. MPC studio is cheaper than the Machine...

What would you chose? What do you think about the workflow of the two workstations? What do you recommend if I should use it to sample sounds - and more importantly, what do you think is the best workstation?

Thanks for the reply! Hope I will learn more about what I should buy.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Both sound fine. Both work very well. Either one will get you far. Personally I still give the edge to Maschine as Native instruments really knows how to do software well. And if you get Komplete they work so well together. I also like the sounds that come with Maschine out of the box much better than the MPC's

Maschine ABSOLUTELY can chop samples and does it REALLY well and has from day one. Thats what it was built to do in fact. It IS a sampler sequencer. Here is a video example from 2009. Whoever said it could not do that is insane.

The bottom line however is that BOTH will be great and let you create fantastic music.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@xenophidia

I agree with @thedreampolice. I haven't used the MPC Renaissance but I have looked at it extensively and it's pretty solid, but on the software side I give it to Native Instruments. I've been using Maschine for a few years now (MK1) and it's great.

Yes, you can chop samples and all of that.

With the MPC, you can hook up your turntable directly into it, but not with Maschine. So with Maschine you will need a soundcard to go through.

What you need to do is check their YouTube page, it will give you tons of information about Maschine.

For the MPC, check this introduction video:

xenophidia

Thanks :) I already watched all videos on YouTube with the MPC Studio and red tons reviews. I don't care if I need a sound card to go through, I have to plug it into a computer anyway.. I just started looking at the Maschine recently, and I found out many people prefer the Maschine.. If they are so similar and both will be great; I think MPC studio will be my first choice -> because of its price. In Denmark it is 250$ cheaper. But, damn the Maschine looks great!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
lol @ the MPC video showing how to make a wack beat...LOL

members online