Best way to "dust" record's?

z0n3d0u7

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I finally got a turn table [Not a regular deck, But it does have one. It's built into a home stereo, but atleast i can put my record's to use.] Anyway's, Broke out the vinal today, and they we're beyond dusty. Anyone got any decent tip's on how to dust / clean them?

exel

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I got this blue liquid thats made for that.. got a special cloth and everything... But im sure you'll be good with windex and a soft cloth...but dont take my word for it... anybody else know for sure???

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Alcohol is water soluble and leaves little or no residue. A mild detergent, such as Johnson and Johnson Baby Bath, can be used in small amounts with water with no rinsing necessary. Photo Flo is a wetting agent used in photography to help reduce water spots and marks during the rinsing of negatives. A couple of drops in the above solutions also help in reducing residual deposits.
The solution should be applied with a soft, clean washcloth, (use a terry cloth or cheese cloth) wiping in a circular motion with the grooves. Rinse the cloth often in the solution and replace with a fresh mixture when needed. I recommend thoroughly drying the record with a soft, clean terry towel or chease cloth... this further reduces residue left behind. Try not to get the labels wet.

The-Shadow

Ego Sum Vox Manus Deus
ill o.g.
I have this old record brush that my dad bought in 1970 something. Works like a charm. I think Radio Shack sells similar brushes.