best samples

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
Where is the best sources to get samples for hip hop music. You guys use sample cd's?? Is there certain artists that are good for sampling hip hop? Or certain musical styles or time periods?? Lemme know what you find the best to work for you.

fiz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
^^^definitely, you just have to stay really open-minded about it...ive picked up stuff from dulcimer to accordion to a spoken word LP about pisces...and when you're digging i always take some chances like oh, this sounds kinda cool, or oh this has a cool cover, and it's only 25 cents...its like a grab bag...and what i do is make myself make a beat from it, as a test of sorts, even if it doesnt turn out particularly good or whatever...it's good to push yourself into new places...if you just sample the same types of things over and over you're style will get played out, not to mention you will probably get bored too...

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
Where to get good samples...

If you can get creative enough, you can sample from anything. (And I honestly mean anything.) I use Fruity Loops to make all of my beats, and I know I'm way beyond the tipical shit you can do with it. I tweak every instrument I use, and just trust me, you wouldn't think any of my beats were made with Fruity Loops. (I'll post some soon, I have about 200.) What I personally do, is open a song from any music cd, and get a sound with Cool Edit Pro. You can use any wav editor program to do this, I just like Cool Edit. From there, let your imagination run wild... :booty:

S

Skaet

Search by your dads old cds their some good stuff.
Peace.
Skät

members online