Best Producers at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mass

What y'all think about J-zone? I think his shit's real cool. His beats are real simple, he sample the easiest to find shit records and makes them breathe. I appreciate simplicity. Think about the Neptunes: there shit is so funky, but programming-wise, there's not much complexity at all. Is anybody else tired of hearing "Primo" when people ask about favorite producers? I mean, I just think it's a given because of what he is, everybody loves his shit. What else do you like besides Pete Rock, Primo, Extra P, etc.? An whoever mentioned Necro, that beat he did for Non-Phixion- the cia is tryin to kill me, is amazing.

Phreeze

Stupa Hero
ill o.g.
Too many cats

Okay guys, let's try...

o Just Blaze has the crown right now

o Kanye West

o No ID

o L.E.S. - is usually hot

o 88 Keys

o Swizz Beatz - hate on the boy, but he's got hits and soundtracks under his belt!

o Premier

o Dr. Dre - gotta put him up here

o Organized Noize - if you don't know, produce Outkast, Goodie Mob, etc.

o Alchemist

o Dan the Automator

o Easy Mo Bee

o Rockwilder

Tell me what you guys think...

B

Briellz

I gotta add "Black Key" He made a nice nice nice track on the Roca Fella Dream Team album. The dude is coming up.......

The song is called "Home Of Philly" By Beanie Sigel & Young Cris...I don't care about the lyrics...but I love the beat.

I

Ieetplayer

I know I'm coming from left field on this one, but im gonna have to go with:

1. DJ Quik
2. Rick Rock
3. Just Blaze
4. Kanye West
5. Bink!

B

Big La

I've been vibin' on RJD2, Joey Chavez, Geology and J. Rawls right now.

Of course anything Pete Rock, Premo, and Jay Dee (formally of SV) put out, it has to be tight.

B

Big La

Speaking of 88 Keys, anyone got a track listing for him? I like the cut he did for Black Star and the background beats he did for 'Lyricist Lounge #1', but i can't find anything else by him.

C

Copenhagen

There's so many that I wouldn't know where to start...but all of them have good days and bad days...

P

ProZak

hmm I don't really like most of the 'established' producers around except neptunes, I like El-p, DJ skitz is good (does production for Rodney P), Aesop Rock does his own beats I definately digg, Roots Manuva has good beats but I forget the name of his producer...

D

Devan Tha Dogen

Stoupe been killing it on a few recent Jedi tracks and there was a decent Canibus beat that i liked....

Waiting for Alchemist's new ish....

Dirty Swift is making some moves out of Canada. Although some of his beats are a bit too commercial sounding for my taste.

Classified in Eastern Canada got some shit going on too.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
yall forgettin wat Dr Dre has dun to da game, i dont like Puffy anymore dan u do but he too has contributed, premier has already been mentioned. there r many more producers out there holdin da game up.
But am not sure by wat yall mean by da best,
da best as in da one dat sells da most?
or da best as in da one dat has contributed da most?

B

Big La

Right now? DJ Spinna's new joint is nice. Other than that, Premier and J. Rawls at the moment

capkom

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
TIMBALAND IS THE COLDEST(CONSISTENTLY). IF YOU LOVE BEATS, YOU LOVE TIM.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Pherrell is seriously overated. anyone else notice that he tends to use the exact same drumlines, or close variations? i mean, musically he knows more and can do more than most.... but (the neptunes) just have a sameness to what they make. the N.E.R.D album was the best showcase of their skills to date. RJD2 is showing up with the most sampling skills... i am tired with everyone acting like its not hip hop if you dont sample though. you limit hip hop itself when you put that on there. hip hop is non existant without the music it borrowed from in its birth, but now it is moving to different places and is its own sound. somebody tell alchemist to get a new drumkit!! hes nice, but i am bored with the same sounds... ayatollah is nice. no one on the production scene is running away with that number 1 spot. anyone heard little buddies producer? hes real nice.

D

Droopz

Best Producers (or the ones i feel tha most)...........

Eligh
J-Live
ANT
Alchemist
Jay Dee
Fat Jon
Chops
Rob the Viking
Fat Jack

C

Copenhagen

This could obviously go on for ages :) Most have been mentioned by now (and a lot have been repeated). Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online