Best Producer Resource I Have Found Yet!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i am sure many of you have stumbled on to this site already, but if you havent here it is: TweekHeadz.com.

its TweekHeadz Lab, and this guy has a review on every piece of gear you could imagine, and tutorials galore, and it is all free. recording via hard disk (roland vs series, korg dp series, etc..,) or PC (cubase, pro tools, logic, you name it) and hardware and software both get very good press. there are even step by step tutorials to help you understand midi, or better understand it as the case may be. mixers, mics, you name it.... i suggest checking it out at the very least, because you will learn a lot.....

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
i have actually known about it for some time, but it never occured to me to tell you guys about it... be sure to share the knowledge with those who dont know!

E

Equality 7-2521

cheers....tweakheadz looks chocablock full of info

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Good Looks on the website, man

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Tweakheadz.com is full of information another good production based website is www.futureproducers.com

I frequent that site often they have a lot of good threads and technical information specific to recording, mastering, gear etc.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
dont go to futureproducers they're wack. goto something better like
www.musicbootcamp.com/ < very good stuff...and dont forget here...come on...where's the love at?

Sober

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah furturproducer is a good website, i think it has more reviews of equipment than tweakheadz. It has a good forum to.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
as far as futureproducers go, it isnt all that great. its really much to large to make any sense, and most threads have like 4 posts on them, and do not help a great deal. as far as equipment reviews, they do not have more then tweakheadz by any means, because (for one) they are all user reviews and they are usually user-biased, whereas Tweak generally presents things as they are: the good, the bad, the ugly.

bear in mind that the guy who runs the site uses all the instruments he reviews, and so when making comparisons he is in a much better position of knowledge as opposed to the guy who just got his triton le and swears its the answer to everyone elses needs as well as his own..... and he is very unbiased as far as hardware and software go...

olus this site has tutorials on everything from vocals to recording guitars, midi and audio, effects tutorials, signal paths, eq techniques, you name it.... the two sites aren teven the same. futureproducers is just like illmuzik, allthough far less user friendly and imho nowhere near as good as illmuzik.

the other thing is that we cant be giving these sites press, as they are competitors here. reffering to them is one thing, but giving links we simply cannot have.....

numerike

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
The site has stacks of ino but it has alot of potential as a site. They should clean it up coz it looks like they just slapped a whole lot of stuff around the place. Don't even know if they have added new content!

Other than that thanks for the helpful site ;D

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
sorry about the direct link peeps. Well as far as any websites in particular dealing with music I hit a lot of different sites, I found some good technical references in there (FP), I pick and choose pdf them bad boys and keep them in my archive on the harddrive, I could careless about the wack portion I take what I can use. Some of those cats have years of experience and post some good tips, thats what I'm into. It's ashame there isn't a lot more sites like this one specifically for Hip-Hop production thats important, but I'm glad you cats are around!

About tweakheadz he doesn't "own" every piece of hardward reviewed, but he's a beta tester for audio software and he gets a chance to try out a lot of the instruments that come out when before he reviews them. I'm jealous though, but again a dope-site. Lets get illmuzik like that, I would like to see more "how-to" articles and reviews on music hardware that Hip-Hop cats are likely to utilize.

easy

D

DJlow2

aiight kids... i invite you to try out my web page... just hit that www button... got links, mp3's, articles, software, vst, downloads, studio pics,tutorials (linked to this site), chat rooms.... etc..

so holla back and lemme know wut u think of it.

W

Wisdom

musicbootcamp.com is ill. I like that site. the future producers site lacks in usability.