best hip hop group of all time?

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
yO PPL IM WONDERING WHO YALL THINK IS THE BEST HIP HOP GROUP OF ALL TIME. i KNOW 4 ME ITS A TIE BETWEEN bLACKSTAR (EVEN THOUGH THEY WERENT AN OFFICIAL GROUP) AND tribe called quest, who so yall think take it?

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
also not really quite a group..... juice crew has a dope line up.... also d.i.t.c wu etc.
as far as sound goes i am partial to native tongues click type stuff (tribe, brand nubian, de la etc.)
then there's other stuff like dpg and souls of mischief even beastie boys and ..........

member wise juice crew, wu or d.i.t.c get first place imo

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
gangstarr......im sorry. BIG GANGSTARR FAN....

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Equelizer said:
gangstarr......im sorry. BIG GANGSTARR FAN....

Tru!! thats a good choice Premier is like on of the best producers eva, (tied with pete rock, in my opinion), n guru is like the old schools most udarated rapper, dope choice fam!

Classic Outkastt, thats wassup i think the the best eva to come out the south,

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
I think it's a tie between RUN-DMC & Public Enemy. RUN-DMC because they brought rap to the forefront and brought a hard image to the game. They were the 1st rap group to appear on MTV, the 1st. rap group to appear on the cover of Rolling Stone mag. Without them, there wouldn't be the rap groups out right now. They consistantly kept Jam Master Jay in the forefront of their sound. He was always cuttin' (but "Daryll & Joe" was the joint where he did the most scratching on). P.E. really pushed the envelope production wise. Every song they did in the late 80s to 90s contained madd samples!! They brought some content with their music. Nobody sounded quite like them nor did anybody else look like them. They were just HARD!!

bknot1

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
best up north- Eric B & Rakim
down south- Outkast
West- N.W.A

but the best of all times is RUN DMC

S

Svenghali

Show some respect to the Kings

The greatest Hip Hop group of all-time is Run D.M.C. Hands down. If you disagree it may be because you're too young to understand the importance, relevance and signifigance of these Hip-Hop pioneers. They held down it down for the "golden age" of Hip Hop. They brought our culture from the hood to the mainstream and were the face and sound of '80s hardcore Hip-Hop. From spins on radio "Rap" shows to "top 40 crossover radio play. The boys took us from the independent local access channels to MTV. From the mom and pop record shops to national record store chains, and from Hip Hop record pool charts to Billboard Magazine.
Run D.M.C. were responsible for revolutionizing Hip-Hop in two very important ways. First, during Hip-Hop's infancy as a recorded form, they changed the direction of recorded Hip-Hop by stripping it down to its barest essentials and back to it's original form: hardcore beats and rhymes. "It's Like That" and especially "Sucker MCs" essentially created Hip-Hop's first "new school." Rendering the reigning acts Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five, the Cold Crush Brothers, Funky Four Plus One, Crash Crew, and the Sugarhill Gang "old school." Run-DMC created a new sound that was truer to the way Hip-Hop sounded in its raw form when it was performed live with a DJ and one or more MCs.
Let me break it down.

Run D.M.C. was:
The first rap group to win a Grammy Award
The first rappers to grace the cover of Rolling Stone
The first rap act to earn a gold album. (RUN-DMC/1984)
The first Rap act to headline a major U.S. tour (Arena)
The first rap act to earn a platinum album (King Of Rock/1985)
The first Rap act to exhibit the marketing power of Hip Hop by landing a sponsorship deal with Adidas.
The first rap group to combine rap with live, original metal guitar (which influenced the sound of everyone from the Red Hot Chili Peppers to Limp Biscuit to Kid Rock).
The first rap act to earn a multi-platinum album (Raising Hell/1986).
The first rap group to have their videos played (and make regular rotation) on MTV
The first rappers to appear on "American Bandstand" and "Saturday Night Live".
The first rap act to reach the Top 10 on Billboard's Hot 100 ("Walk This Way"/1986).
and last but certainly not least the first rap group to be inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame (It also marked the first time a DJ was inducted).

Their influence is immeasurable, their achievements are unprecedented. They are Hip Hop royalty and their place in Hip Hop and history should never be forgotten.

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
RUN DMC was dope n they were pioneers but i guess ur right bout the age thing, Im only 22 bout to be 23 on JULY 16th :D, but all acollades aside the music speaks for it self, thatr got some real classic hotness peter piper to eve down with the Kingz (rip JMJ), but too me tribe call quest were pioneers i n their own way, ohh n my bad ppl I forgot to mention De LA Soul them cats have been making hot shyt since way bak n they seem to get better witth time did ne one copp the grind date that was hott

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Wu Tang. Period. No other group's individual members were this nice at all ever.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
The most groundbreaking group is Run DMC

The illest group of all time is Wu Tang Clan

The most innovative group of all time is Outkast

The group with the best live show: Public Enemy

The best group from the South: UGK

There really could never be a best group due to evolution, but if there were categories,
the winners are listed above.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
the Git It Boyz....

nah on the real its most definately Wu Tang.

sAfE.