Best Album eva

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
On the strength of my last theard bout the best groups, i wonder what yall think were the best albums eva,

To me its hands down ILLMATIC, that cd is ther reason i make n love Hip Hop, i was only like 12 when it dropped but that really change me i think ive bout over 10 times since it came back, those 10 trackz was something else,

afta that im thinking
Supreme Clientel/ Iron Man/ Built for Cuban Linx (they tie 4 me)
Midnight Mauraders (phife killed that 1)
Moment of Truth
Blackstar
black on both sides
Atleins ( I think thats the name Outkast second cd)

who am i kidding there was alot more but thats whats in my head now, ill pproably name some more later ohh n being that i am from the Brickz, Redman - Muddy Waters is one my list that cd is dope as hell

S

Svenghali

Tough One

This is a real difficult one because Hip Hop is so multi-faceted. It's almost unfair to compare due to the different time periods and evolution of technology. Not to mention the intrusion of corporate America into the equation.

P.E.'s It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back will have to get my vote on this one. It was so unconventional, groundbreaking, radical and bold. They took alot of risks on this album.

Public Enemy is the most influential and controversial rap group of the late '80s and, the definitive rap group of all time. Musically, Bomb Squad's (Public Enemy's production team) music was as revolutionary, Chuck D.'s lyrics. From a production standpoint they made an art out of looping samples. The brought dense soundscapes that relied on avant-garde cut-and-paste techniques, unrecognizable samples, piercing sirens, relentless beats, and deep funk. It was chaotic and invigorating music, made all the more intoxicating by Chuck D's forceful vocals.

Honorable mentions: Eric B. and Rakim's - Paid In Full, De La Soul's - Three Feet High And Rising, A Tribe Called Quest - Peoples Instintive... and The Low End Theory, Ice Cube - Death Certificate, Nas - Illmatic, Dr. Dre's - The Chronic, Jay-Z Reasonable Doubt and The Blueprint, Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and Mobb Deep - The Infamous

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
fugeeeeeeeeees the scooooooooooooore

it baffles me how this album routinely gets left off these lists.

classic material all the way through. "real" hip hop, traditional hip hop that crossed over CRAZY and sold crazy. rgeat beats, memorable rhymes, great social commentary, some jraw spittin, great hooks, an r n b track, featured a remix and two of the best remakes of classic songs i have ever heard- killin me softly and no woman no cry... i actually prefer cleffs version over bobs here...

it just accomplished so much in so many ways and for a "traditional", boom bap album to sale 17 MILLION copies.... i mean i know sales arent everything but for a boom bap album to do those kind of numbers and get that kind of exposure on mtv and whatnot... that is significant. imagine if a roots album did that, a common album, imagine if mos def did those numbers.

jay cant do those numbers, im not even sure em has done those numbers on a single album. not 50, not dre..... 10-11 maybe but 17? rediculous. think about that. a boom bap album that the mainstream even loved.

this is to me one of the all time great albums in ANY genre, PERIOD. this is hip hops "thriller" to me...

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:

to be honest with u i neva thought bout that i always liked the cd acctually i just bought a new copy of it like 2months ago, Good insight on that Truth 4 sho

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Cold Truth said:

it baffles me how this album routinely gets left off these lists.

classic material all the way through. "real" hip hop, traditional hip hop that crossed over CRAZY and sold crazy. rgeat beats, memorable rhymes, great social commentary, some jraw spittin, great hooks, an r n b track, featured a remix and two of the best remakes of classic songs i have ever heard- killin me softly and no woman no cry... i actually prefer cleffs version over bobs here...

it just accomplished so much in so many ways and for a "traditional", boom bap album to sale 17 MILLION copies.... i mean i know sales arent everything but for a boom bap album to do those kind of numbers and get that kind of exposure on mtv and whatnot... that is significant. imagine if a roots album did that, a common album, imagine if mos def did those numbers.

jay cant do those numbers, im not even sure em has done those numbers on a single album. not 50, not dre..... 10-11 maybe but 17? rediculous. think about that. a boom bap album that the mainstream even loved.

this is to me one of the all time great albums in ANY genre, PERIOD. this is hip hops "thriller" to me...

word up,,,I LOVE the Score man! Good looks!

Ca$h Pacasso

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Heres My Top 3

1. Illmatic- Cause It brought the East Back and redefined flow and ryhming. Alot cats went back to they drawing boards and switched it up because of this album. And also he was only 16 I mean come on man go and listen to Illmatic again with the thought that he was only 16 at the time and to have them thoughts at 16 showed that overall fastlane New York state of mind for real. He's was a fucking kid prodigy(not the rapper) and dropped outa high school. Amazing shit man.

2. Only Built 4 Cuban Linx- It was just so complete. Everything from the intro to the skits was crazy on that shit right there. Beats=Crazy, Lyrics=Sick and it had Soul and that Hardcore Wu head shit. Perfectly put together album and by that I mean when you listening to it you know exactly what song is coming on next no matter how long ago its been since you heard it.

3. Makeveli- Cant express in words the love I have 4 this album. It had so much meaning and power to it. Put it in and let it just play through no skipping nothing. Me and my niggaz used to sit in my truck and just zone out wit like a half ounce of Arizona and just listen to the whole shit non stop. Really miss that nigga 4 ever the game will never be the same. Long live the memory of one of black peoples most greatest writers(rhyming,poetry,spokenword), entertainers(hip hop,acting) and spokesman or activists we ever had!!!!

4. Paid in Full- Eric B. and Rakim. Rakim is to me the father of delivery, metaphors, and the originator of the NY flow as we know it today dont get it twisted. And for anybody who say different fix ya face:)

5. Muddy Waters- Awe man. You know I had to have NJ in my top 5 come on. Nah, but this is my shiiiiiit. Smoke Buddah was my anthem

and theres others that when I hear them instantly take me back to certain periods in my life like

1. CNN War Report- Capone and Noreaga

2. N.O.R.E- Noreaga

3. We Are The Streets- The Lox

4. Its Dark and Hell Is Hot- DMX

..........Damn to many to name!!!!!!

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Ca$h Pacasso said:
Heres My Top 3

1. Illmatic- Cause It brought the East Back and redefined flow and ryhming. Alot cats went back to they drawing boards and switched it up because of this album. And also he was only 16 I mean come on man go and listen to Illmatic again with the thought that he was only 16 at the time and to have them thoughts at 16 showed that overall fastlane New York state of mind for real. He's was a fucking kid prodigy(not the rapper) and dropped outa high school. Amazing shit man.

2. Only Built 4 Cuban Linx- It was just so complete. Everything from the intro to the skits was crazy on that shit right there. Beats=Crazy, Lyrics=Sick and it had Soul and that Hardcore Wu head shit. Perfectly put together album and by that I mean when you listening to it you know exactly what song is coming on next no matter how long ago its been since you heard it.

3. Makeveli- Cant express in words the love I have 4 this album. It had so much meaning and power to it. Put it in and let it just play through no skipping nothing. Me and my niggaz used to sit in my truck and just zone out wit like a half ounce of Arizona and just listen to the whole shit non stop. Really miss that nigga 4 ever the game will never be the same. Long live the memory of one of black peoples most greatest writers(rhyming,poetry,spokenword), entertainers(hip hop,acting) and spokesman or activists we ever had!!!!

4. Paid in Full- Eric B. and Rakim. Rakim is to me the father of delivery, metaphors, and the originator of the NY flow as we know it today dont get it twisted. And for anybody who say different fix ya face:)

5. Muddy Waters- Awe man. You know I had to have NJ in my top 5 come on. Nah, but this is my shiiiiiit. Smoke Buddah was my anthem

and theres others that when I hear them instantly take me back to certain periods in my life like

1. CNN War Report- Capone and Noreaga

2. N.O.R.E- Noreaga

3. We Are The Streets- The Lox

4. Its Dark and Hell Is Hot- DMX

..........Damn to many to name!!!!!!
Word up on that Redman joint i rock it errday, being from newark u kinda gotta love it but that shyt was dope. one thing fam ithink nas might of been a bit older when illmatic dropped may be like 18/19 cuz the boy like 30 ish now, either way that cd was amazing 4 real

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
yea nas - illmatic is probably my personal favourite album of all time ! and i'd agree with the fugees -the score being classic too !

i'm gonna throw a pretty new album in to the ring too ............. common - be ?!!! persoanlly i think this album is potential classic, what you think ?

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
MarkN said:
yea nas - illmatic is probably my personal favourite album of all time ! and i'd agree with the fugees -the score being classic too !

i'm gonna throw a pretty new album in to the ring too ............. common - be ?!!! persoanlly i think this album is potential classic, what you think ?

Be is hott but in my op, it lack a few things 1 i hattttteeee the fact that they threw the live version of food on there, and the album is way tooo short, i think be is commons set up for a real classic i think his next album now that he back on the comm tip is gonna be like a XXXXXXXL, this on is like XL,oh by the way fuck a 5 mics the source is gay (jus had to throw that in)

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
trinidad said:
Be is hott but in my op, it lack a few things 1 i hattttteeee the fact that they threw the live version of food on there, and the album is way tooo short, i think be is commons set up for a real classic i think his next album now that he back on the comm tip is gonna be like a XXXXXXXL, this on is like XL,oh by the way fuck a 5 mics the source is gay (jus had to throw that in)

well first off, i don't think you can call it too short i mean its got the same number of tracks as illmatic which is easily a classic album, i don't think you need like 18-20 songs per album thats when you get all this filler id much rather have a shorter quality album and the reason they put the live version of food on is because before it was released everyone was saying how the live version was better and had a better feel to it etc !

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
Svenghali said:
This is a real difficult one because Hip Hop is so multi-faceted. It's almost unfair to compare due to the different time periods and evolution of technology. Not to mention the intrusion of corporate America into the equation.

P.E.'s It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back will have to get my vote on this one. It was so unconventional, groundbreaking, radical and bold. They took alot of risks on this album.

Public Enemy is the most influential and controversial rap group of the late '80s and, the definitive rap group of all time. Musically, Bomb Squad's (Public Enemy's production team) music was as revolutionary, Chuck D.'s lyrics. From a production standpoint they made an art out of looping samples. The brought dense soundscapes that relied on avant-garde cut-and-paste techniques, unrecognizable samples, piercing sirens, relentless beats, and deep funk. It was chaotic and invigorating music, made all the more intoxicating by Chuck D's forceful vocals.

Honorable mentions: Eric B. and Rakim's - Paid In Full, De La Soul's - Three Feet High And Rising, A Tribe Called Quest - Peoples Instintive... and The Low End Theory, Ice Cube - Death Certificate, Nas - Illmatic, Dr. Dre's - The Chronic, Jay-Z Reasonable Doubt and The Blueprint, Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and Mobb Deep - The Infamous

I'm in complete agreement with you on all that!!! Let me just add RUN-DMC's Raising Hell on the Honorable mention list. One Reason: PETER PIPER!! Nuff said.

members online