berklee music school

cnotedatruth

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i wanted to know what u think of berklee online music course are they worth or a waste of time. I was think of taking some audio engineering courese at columbia college in chicago (cause thats where im at ) but they want 16 thousand a year and i think financail aid is gonna cover that so let me know what u thin the web site is www.berkleemusic.com and it in the online sections.

thank

cnote

O

open mind

if the financail aid covers it then do it!

if they dont then i would buy hardware for that money instead of that school!

R

rhickey

DrOscillator said:
damn.....
i want to go to berklee
my friend is and i'm jealous
damn
will just have to stick with umd

berklee has something like a 75% dropout rate after the first semester... they cram theory most of the time from what i've heard. umass gets you a pretty good education for a much lower cost and at a more bearable speed.

O

open mind

Remarkable252 said:
I really need that Reason
no doubt its a great prog but its not a guarantee for hot muzik its still the man behind that makes the diffrence.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Im pretty sure the class covers the difference between a Dre Beat and a P. Diddy beat and the concepts that Producers use to capture a certain sound, now i totally agree that every artist should have there own sound, but to discribe the difference between one beat style to the other could be benifical to the upcoming producer, and the class covers all around reason so it would show you how to use your tools to grasp a certain sound but have your own trademark to it, i mean who wants to hear for instance a dre beat by "TheDreamPolicE" (not picking on you) no one really, but to capture that signature dre sound and put your own style to it could make your progression in music evolve more in that range then you could of learned on your own, and if you make beats to sell, you got to produce the beat that the market wants, and if a lil john beat or a P. diddy beat is what a artist wants to rap to dont you think you should make a style of beat that potraits that sound? i feel that it is the person behind the program that makes the beat what it is, but pointers never hurt to make that person better, and the class revolves around hip hop and digital music what more could you ask for and 800 dollars aint that much money for knowledge.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
No disprect but people are too anxious to spend money on classes, certifactions etcc...,

U do not need that stuff to become a dope hip hop producer, i gurantee most of the stuff they teach in that class u can find out on ur own pretty easily.....

If ur gonna spend 800 invest it wisely in a business class or some equiment that can benfit you long term

stop thinking that u need a class to teach u that stuff,

again this is just my humple opionion

members online