Been looking in from time to time and....

I have noticed that its really getting quiet around here. Its saddening to see such a decline in activity with only a hardcore few members still keeping the place alive. I havent been around much due to life getting in the way, I assume its the same for most of the members that dropped off. Ideals change, ambitions change, life circumstances change, thats life I suppose, especially in such harsh economic times as now, which are only going to get worse. I tried getting onto facebook and doing that whole thing but it just aint for me. My love of the music has really fallen off too, maybe that just comes with age, or changing priorities, I feel like I dont care about the new stuff coming out anymore.
One thing is for sure, we are getting old.
I will try and be a little bit more active and post some threads and discussion pieces, some of the old conspiracy stuff too, but sometimes its like preaching to the choir, where many of you already know how fucked up the world and its controllers are.
But being as the so called "end of the world" is just around the corner might as well keep going on about it, what it could be and what it is not. And get ideas bouncing around. And hopefully some participation. I really miss the days when a lot of collaborations were going on. That shit along with the competetiveness of the sampleflips and showcases really kept me on my toes. The younger guys coming up really need that competetiveness to push them to try new things and put their all into their work, making it much better and speeding up their learning curves as a result. Im at the stage now where I feel my best contribution would be by providing a bit of competition to the new guys, helping them to step up their games. Ill see what I can do.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Actually, even though there's still a small core of members that are posting regularly here, there has been a steady increase in new members. Also, I'm always adjusting things, so for example on the homepage I moved things around and so far it's working! More people are getting involved and participating and posting stuff.

I know what you mean though about the music, it's tough to keep it going as we all get older. I know you're something like 83 years old and that's cool, but everyone, including you, if you just post here and there it still helps and keeps ILL going.

What happened with your place? I remember last time you said you were looking to move or something?

Actually, even though there's still a small core of members that are posting regularly here, there has been a steady increase in new members. Also, I'm always adjusting things, so for example on the homepage I moved things around and so far it's working! More people are getting involved and participating and posting stuff.

I know what you mean though about the music, it's tough to keep it going as we all get older. I know you're something like 83 years old and that's cool, but everyone, including you, if you just post here and there it still helps and keeps ILL going.

What happened with your place? I remember last time you said you were looking to move or something?

Im still stuck there as I cant afford to move, the landlord gave me a final eviction notice, I have till january to get out now. Hopefully I could be getting a new job tomorrow so things could be looking up.

junxiwang

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I hear U... me and lots brothers get those..as we trying hard to approaching the center of music,the reality hold us down... money, time, responsibility... And whole lot shit that we are not even interested.. but we have to face them...

most like one thing left to do is we still believe there is a way out..

Peace

members online