Beefing up the kick

airbk24

ill o.g.
i'm in a stage where i want to develope a new envelope to my productions and was wondering if i could get some help on making the kicks stand out without being distorted. Advice would be greatly appreciated

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Hello!

I would first ask what you use to make your beats with? There are standard ways to accomplish a Great sounding kick. And specific ways depending on your perfered production method.

1. You can try layering a low frequency kick with a mid frequency kick to make it have a fuller sound.
2. You can use a compressor with the mix and sidechain the kick so it has its on section of the mix. (This is Called ducking) Think of A DJ playing a song and then using his mic to say somthing to the crowd while the song plays, The Song lowers while the Dj talks, but as soon as he stops talking the song returns to the nutural sound.
3. EQ, EQ, EQ,

but seriously.. what do you use to make beats?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Run them thru this!

I have a patch for the combinator that you can run your drums through that'll probably get 'er done! I would've loaded it here but it's too big. Hit me by way of PM.

airbk24

ill o.g.
preciate yall...i found my way...i just use two, turn the frequency down some on one and compress and its money.....
check me out at

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Yo Airbk24,

Read up some on the rules for posting and just add the links to your signature so everytime you post we can check your beats out.

On a side note check out the showcase and drop some feedback on other peoples tracks and you will get some in return:

https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Stay up.