Beat This - October 14-15, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from October 14-15th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on October 14th at around 8am ET, and end around 8pm ET. Voting will be for 1 day, on October 15th, where the results will be posted the same day.

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: REMIX

You have 4 minutes to make a beat and have the Notorious BIG "Machine Gun Funk" acapella on it. You can flip the acapella any which way you want.

DOWNLOAD THE ACAPELLA HERE (right-click and "save as")

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the voters will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Sponsor

This month, the competition will be sponsored by Greg Savage & DIY Music Biz, where the winner will get 1 on 1 consultation from industry insider Greg Savage on music licensing.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2015101415.jpg

NatureRok

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
so does that mean we have to match the accapella to a beat or we can chop up the accapella and use it as samples throughout an insturmental?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
so does that mean we have to match the accapella to a beat or we can chop up the accapella and use it as samples throughout an insturmental?
It should be the acapella over a beat. But you can rearrange the vocals if you want. I'd prefer you don't just do snippets.

TriKRaps

Whats life without hip-hop?
Battle Points: 4
"You have 4 minutes to make a beat and have the Notorious BIG "Machine Gun Funk" acapella on it. You can flip the acapella any which way you want." does this mean we have to make the beat in 4 minutes or the beat has to be 4 minutes long??

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
"You have 4 minutes to make a beat and have the Notorious BIG "Machine Gun Funk" acapella on it. You can flip the acapella any which way you want." does this mean we have to make the beat in 4 minutes or the beat has to be 4 minutes long??
Make a beat that is 4 minutes long.

Part2

Boom Bap Beatsmith
Everybody did their thing... Its gonna be an interesting outcome.. Props to everyone who's up there tho!!!

Part2

Boom Bap Beatsmith
To everyone who submitted and also those who didnt -- this is my very first remix I've ever done, not to mention my first music post to this awesome site.. Been trying to post music on here forever, but I just get caught up with life situations and I end up forgetting LOL.. All good tho...

Part2

Boom Bap Beatsmith
Wow.. Totally unexpected on that one.. Props to Macndabox and all the runners-up!!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
There were a lot of tight beats in this one!

Here's the thing: I was looking for beats that of course sounded dope and mixed well, but when it comes to acapella remix contests, it's also about producing a beat like as if you're producing FOR that artist. So in this case, I could definitely hear @macndabox 's beat as being a beat that Biggy would rap over.

This was a really close one, but I think the winning beat was on point. Some of the beats could have been better when it comes to the mixing aspect of it, and a few could have had louder vocals. There were a few tracks where the beat was much louder than the vocals.

But overall this was a dope competition, you guys brought some heat!

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
Don't take this the wrong way, but I personally don't like to hear remixes or covers of songs that sound like the original... I wanted to use a beat that you'd probably never hear biggie on lol. Alot of these beats sounded really good but they also had a similar vibe as the original, and I'll agree that the winning beat sounds like something biggie would rap over, but it also has similarities to the original.

@TCoast U were my top pick, if that matters. I really like that beat.

@Stone Flacco I'm feeling that baseline. Sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.