Beat This! - October 10-11, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

khailel

Battle Points: 18
Great work from the contestants. I have one honest critique though; Some of y'all need to learn what a fender rhodes piano is. Some of the beats had a basic piano with effects on the chords. If we are producers we should now the difference. NOT HATING on anyone but I'm just saying. I voted and listened to every submission. Still overall quality submissions!

You got a point bro. Dave Grusin - Colorado Trail is the most accurate Rhodes example I can currently think of.

Kulateral

Battle Points: 198
Nothing like twisting one up and listening to some new and fresh tracks...The one thing about this site is the different sub-genres you can hear in everyone's work....Trap, East Coast , Boom Bap I dig it all...They were 4 that stood out to me for creativity...In the end I went with the one that I thought had the most completeness..( Beat and Mixing ) .

Poe Pockets

I do it for the love of music!!!!!!
Battle Points: 79
@DEEZ BEATZ I voted for your submission. It was so organic and chill I was bumping it all day. Love the vocal patch and the rhodes. Sounds like something you'd listen to after a rough day at the gig!!

@DEEZ BEATZ I voted for your submission. It was so organic and chill I was bumping it all day. Love the vocal patch and the rhodes. Sounds like something you'd listen to after a rough day at the gig!!
@Poe Pockets, Actually I had just smoked some gorilla glue and was listening to the Musiq Soulchild album and got inspired..lol. Thank you very much for voting for my beat..glad you liked it..my in-laws have a Fender Rhodes so I played a little groove and sampled it and looped the good parts I played..tha tha my secret..

Status
Not open for further replies.