Beat This! - November 17-18, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I cba writing notes this time.

Props to everyone who entered, props to those who approached the battle honestly.

I've cast my vote.

But regretfully, there wasn't really any beat/s that jumped out to me. I thought this theme was gonna be on absolute fire.

Stay ill, let's all come harder next time!

Love.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Thanks to those who tossed their votes my direction, again, did not expect this. @crog85 your bass was dope and mix was very nice!!!
@Face Valid your beat was awesome as well and nice mix too.
@Andante nice percussions and beat, well made and also nice mix.. couple percs a lil loud but thats on me.
@Armani that shaker sound (guitar strum?) threw me off, too much of it. good mix though nice drums.
@Delta_Nine had me with that full on old school vibe, those drums... sample drums, yes?
@Iron Keys felt the electric guitar strums could of been... different? like a diff sound, like, if you took em out it'd be a hit .. The piano is dope AF, kick could be a lil louder but piano with synth was nice. I am probably telling you what you know. I am more picky on you of course cause you my boy, Blue!

I expected @crog85 @Andante and @Face Valid @Iron Keys to be 1-2-3-4, really surprised Iron didn't place but his mix, now I am home, can hear its off some.

Oh also, if anyone wants feedback, feel free to @ me

I'ma be the bad guy and be honest...

I didn't particularly think any of these beats were that great. Thought mine was fairly alright, but the mix was also not great.

Dead battle. What's the next theme?
i agree and i also thought my beat wasnt at its best...everyone had good beats but as @Iron Keys and @Fade said nothing really popped out..im ready for the next one in december though

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
@Iron Keys and @Fade gimme sum feedback

What I loved: the drum/rhythm, got a nice stutter to it that the rest of the instrumentation follows in a way that bounces real good.

Things that didn't work for me: musically it was very friendly and pleasant, just my personal taste that I hate nicey stuff ha. Some of the single note piano stuff just feels a bit awkward, just kinda corny basic movements, like someone playing along a melody very basic to the accompaniment or smth.

Mix: For me nothing really 'bad'. Good balance. Just I think for a Hip-Hop track, I'd like the kick a little more aggressive, beefy punchy and overdriven. Same for the clap really, could have been a bit more cutting and crisp.

For me overall, it's largely a good composition, if maybe the drum one shots were more 'modern' and the piano was a little different, it has the makings of one of those commercial pop/hiphop type records of today.

Love

thebeatscook

"If you can't take the heat then..."
Battle Points: 39
aww man, i missed the competition today. looking forward to participating in the next battle tho! congrats and good job to the winner and all those that entered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online