Beat This! - November 17-18, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
no doubt this site has help me improve my beat making and definitely pushed me to get more creative and unique with the elements I use for making beats I absolutely love the site and the battles was just curious I had never seen it talked about or mentioned so was just interested if there was a story or reason behind it
It seems some sort of discussion over votes/voting often gets brought up every now and then.

There was a big one a few months ago when a fellow illien was stunned how my beat didn't place.

I have my own belief on one thing that may improve voting. But it's already been discussed, and I'll only bring it up when it's relevant to do so.

As for showing vote count, in Beat This, personally I can only see it negatively affecting members; if you get no votes; if you miss out by 1 vote (especially when someome says they would have voted for you. For winners what real use is it? You got the most of the votes. Take the W.

It works well in the BIU/Fights but i think it suits those ones better. I'm sure it also carries its issues too.

no doubt this site has help me improve my beat making and definitely pushed me to get more creative and unique with the elements I use for making beats I absolutely love the site and the battles was just curious I had never seen it talked about or mentioned so was just interested if there was a story or reason behind it
long story short, no matter what fade does to make things as fair as possible, people still find something to complain about. You do get the occasional wonky result, but its not a frequent thing and pretty rare. The results are down to our own votes at the end of the day, we can only blame ourselves.
As for this site, I feel the exact same way, its made me the producer I am today, so many beatmakers here have inspired me to improve and keep taking things to the next level, i still do things I learned here 15 years ago.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
Can we all agree that a guitar in reverse is still a guitar and therefore not against the rules?
Fail Spider-Man GIF

HollanDaze

Battle Points: 2
Can I do a scratched-up hip hop sample in the chorus? I'm a turntablist as well as beat maker and the cuts add a dope element. The rules say NO to "vocal on the hook" but does that apply to scratching hip hop samples?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Can I do a scratched-up hip hop sample in the chorus? I'm a turntablist as well as beat maker and the cuts add a dope element. The rules say NO to "vocal on the hook" but does that apply to scratching hip hop samples?
If the theme says YES to "vocal on the hook" then scratches are okay. But for this one there's no vocals on the hook allowed. Even then, whether it's vocals or scratches it needs to be short since the battles should be focused on the beat itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online