Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
lol...I think the majority of that is from guys in the comp periodically checking how the votes are going...but I could be wrong!?!?

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
Justripe's beat is very good but the mix is not. I'm going with Superbherb, very tight beat and good mix.

psh i make my mixes shitty so noone can steal the fresh real product!!!!
haha jk i just suck, didnt expect to win, i wonder what my beats would be like if i had the mixing skills as you all......

props to everyone for fresh stuff!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Congrats to Justripe!

I know mixing's not everything but I just felt this one wasn't good, and that's a factor I always consider when judging this or the Beats Weekly. My mixing's not perfect either, it's hard to get a spot-on mix!

Is there a thread here for mixing tips? I can't remember off hand.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
yup! https://www.illmuzik.com/production/articles/tutorials/understanding-mixing/ it's very general. I think he needs to work on how his bass mixes with the rest of his beat. My only gripe is...using filters to muffle the mids and highs while trying to pull the bassline out sounds horrible to me - IF it isn't done right.

But as for JR, his stuff sounds 10x better than it did this time last year so he's going in the right direction imo.

Congrats Just Ripe!

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
yeah im sure theres tons of mixing threads, i just dont have as much time as i used too to go on and really read and try stuff out, id read it then forget it it by the time im home from work with some free time, but dacalion has helped me trmendously over the past year with little tips that probably are like some "no duhhh" type stuff for other guys haha hopefully ill get the hang of mixing someday then my beats will have dope sounds, and theyll be clear and all blended well together...
and itll all be because illmuzik and the people on here tryna keep hiphop alive by sharing there knowlege i meet so many producers who wont give any advice or any tips its like they got some huge ego problem, thats whats killin trditional hiphop in my mind. oh and dac i still havent had a chance to watch that vid importing sounds into fl, thanks again for helpin me out i really appreciate it

SuperbHerb

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I would like to say congratz to JustRipe, and FADE thanks for the feed back, that really meant a lot....

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online