Beat This! - June 6-7, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from June 6-7th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on June 6th at 10am ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have 20 contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme). Voting will be for 1 day, on June 7th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Go here to signup (click the "signup" tab - it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: TIME LIMIT DRUM BREAK
  • You MUST use this drum break!
  • You can make changes to the drum break EXCEPT you cannot chop it! (unless you need to tighten up the loop)
  • We must be able to tell it's the original drum break.
  • Your beat cannot be longer than 60 SECONDS!
  • I suggest you not have a long intro!
You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned (depending on the mood I'm in).

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Sponsor

This month, the competition will be sponsored by Greg Savage & DIY Music Biz, where the winner will get 1 on 1 consultation from industry insider Greg Savage on music licensing.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2018060607.png

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
What do you mean by you can make changes to the drum break but cant chop it?
I mean you can alter it, like add effects, slow it down, etc.

no separation & re-arrange ?
Nope, just as is, unless you need to trim the beginning or end a bit. It looped okay on my end but in case you have an issue.

Started on this beat this theme right after the Warzone contest (which was so dope) and just finished up last night. Can't wait to hear everybody's beat..Good Luck..

Battle Points: 1
my first battle. good luck to all.

(does everyone put in a vote for their own beat, or what? :help: sorry, not sure how that works.)

EDIT: is it possible to submit a revised version before time runs out? i was in a rush to finish, just noticed something that's bugging the hell out of me. nothing too big i guess, no problem if not.

Last edited:

(does everyone put in a vote for their own beat, or what? :help: sorry, not sure how that works.)

EDIT: is it possible to submit a revised version before time runs out? i was in a rush to finish, just noticed something that's bugging the hell out of me. nothing too big i guess, no problem if not.
contact fade by dm...and he can swap the beats out for you

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.

You can't vote for your own beat. You will see "YOU!" where your beat is.

If you want to swap, you can do it asap. Just send me a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.