Beat This! - June 16-17, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordSpinal

Battle Points: 3
lol no clue, didn't see these coming!

@Magnetic Audio that beat was fkn dope my man...could listen to that all day, driving n feeling like a total pimp lol. well done, get that to an artist man :)

there were some more epic sampled ones, like @S3oulC1ty also @LordSpinal ' s beat did not deserve that place, dope as fuck..

@Iron Keys, did you have some troubles with the piano roll? xD (jk I see what you did there, should have kept the ''swing'' to a minimum imo)
Guys have fun with these casual battles
Yall dope as s F

Hey, having that beer at last!
Thanks to everyone once again for keeping this alive and kicking!
Thanks as well to those who voted for my beat-i was so disappointed with it at the time-i've made some headway mastering it in any case, for those who're interested, it's uploaded somewhere on here-and also on - check it out- in future i might tranfer the guts of my MPC work onto the laptop to master it up on reason-was a bit laborious and still not hittin' it. Shout out to @2GooD Productions for turning me onto the sample!
I've taken to this MPC like a duck to water though so watch this space.
Anyway!
Really crisp work @Vossi Beats - the mastering is beaut! Hope Denmarks treating you well.This all your guitar work as well? Splendid!
@Delta_Nine , this was fucking amazing-where's the sample from and how have you edited it? The whole thing is so fluid. Reminds me of the privste press record by DJ shadow(the sample that is). I trust you didn't sample DJ Shadow lol. That;s like getting your milk from the female breast beyond the age of 2.
@S3oulC1ty I love your work-you nailed the warzone not long ago-still screwing up the mastering but this is a little easier on the ears to be fair to u, than the warzone entries.Got my head noddin crazy.Great work.
@Magnetic Audio This is so fat-how'd you make it? Can imagine it being v popular with the rappers.
@Andrenergy one of the best i've heard from u yet-the production was crisp-liked the faded in rain-and enjoyed the bass(but the bass needs a bit of switching up)-the break suited it very much though-nice work.
@Armani such a vibe! the layering on the drums is spectacular against that look and the strings-dark ass disco vibes-ill be recording this to listen to it again-you've added the acoustic? great record- you must have half the bitches in tehran lining outside your door-excellent work-by the way-get me that teenage whatever record you were working on-its prime for the chopping and i'm free over the weekend
@boom base sound great break and loved the jazzy vibes-all gets a wee bit hysterical with the synthy choiry type voice though-like as if i acidentally took acid and i'mnot sure which way it's gonna go yet.
@ConspiracyMuzik what a wonderful sample-liked the 808s-good work
@COOL J. this was sick-the synths are so fat-misses a lot on the low end though-you'd do well to get some monitors- cus technically this is as good as alot of other electro ive buzzed off over the years-the mastering just seems a little off-enjoyed it though-if u told me it was a hudson mohawk record id have believed u
@Face Valid this is technically outstanding-sounds so crisp and a few nice switch ups-enjoyed it much!
@GEETONJA heavy ass bass going on never disappoints me-but that piano was not doing a lot more me.was waiting for it to kick off, alas you left me hanging this time!
@guitardep liked this alot-great guitars as usual-liked the rhythm on the break-couldn't improve on it-great work
@Iron Keys i loved the lead synth on this-all around very funky but i've heard u do better ;)
@LiveLargeBeats loked the vibe of it-nice beat. laid back
@LordSpinal enjoyed this alot! the vocals cool-and the bassline is tight-then that break hits-wonderful stuff.keep workin on this i reckon
@ mr haynes- very edgy-but just not enough variety in there to keep me interested. ni beat though
@Paco -liked the vibe-nice synths, but otherwise didn't really stand out to me
@Primz infernal vibes yes-and sounded great-couldve gone darker and dirtier
@RekRaptor nice vibe but didnt engage me enough
@RUCCER_TIME nice beat-got the head nodding again-whatd u use?well more grooving kind of doing a swan neck-needs a bit more variety though obiously but i thought it was cool
@Silentz wrong beat?lol enjoyed it all the same
@Space_Alexander how this didnt place i dont know-lovely beat-nice rhythm, nice bass-aww yeah, great work
@SPINE.WAV tight work-enjoyed it but you've seen the other beats floating around here-the flute was interesting though-was it a flute? prey tell
@StoneLockProd bad ass! where'd u get the samples from? intersting
@SUPERLEXX very interesting-whatd u use? i mean it's possibly a bit too crazy but i appreciate it being totally sideways!

Right i got around all y'all-enjoyed listening
in particular, delta nine, space alexander, cool j, face valid and ruccer!

Everybody take care!

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113
Thanks as well to those who voted for my beat-i was so disappointed with it at the time-i've made some headway mastering it in any case, for those who're interested, it's uploaded somewhere on here-and also on - check it out- in future i might tranfer the guts of my MPC work onto the laptop to master it up on reason-was a bit laborious and still not hittin' it. Shout out to @2GooD Productions for turning me onto the sample!
Anyway!
Really crisp work @Vossi Beats - the mastering is beaut! Hope Denmarks treating you well.This all your guitar work as well? Splendid!
@Delta_Nine , this was fucking amazing-where's the sample from and how have you edited it? The whole thing is so fluid. Reminds me of the privste press record by DJ shadow(the sample that is). I trust you didn't sample DJ Shadow lol. That;s like getting your milk from the female breast beyond the age of 2.
@S3oulC1ty I love your work-you nailed the warzone not long ago-still screwing up the mastering but this is a little easier on the ears to be fair to u, than the warzone entries.Got my head noddin crazy.Great work.
@Magnetic Audio This is so fat-how'd you make it? Can imagine it being v popular with the rappers.
@Andrenergy one of the best i've heard from u yet-the production was crisp-liked the faded in rain-and enjoyed the bass(but the bass needs a bit of switching up)-the break suited it very much though-nice work.
@Armani such a vibe! the layering on the drums is spectacular against that look and the strings-dark ass disco vibes-ill be recording this to listen to it again-you've added the acoustic? great record- you must have half the bitches in tehran lining outside your door-excellent work-by the way-get me that teenage whatever record you were working on-its prime for the chopping and i'm free over the weekend
@boom base sound great break and loved the jazzy vibes-all gets a wee bit hysterical with the synthy choiry type voice though-like as if i acidentally took acid and i'mnot sure which way it's gonna go yet.
@COOL J. this was sick-the synths are so fat-misses a lot on the low end though-you'd do well to get some monitors- cus technically this is as good as alot of other electro ive buzzed off over the years-the mastering just seems a little off-enjoyed it though-if u told me it was a hudson mohawk record id have believed u
@Face Valid this is technically outstanding-sounds so crisp and a few nice switch ups-enjoyed it much!
@GEETONJA heavy ass bass going on never disappoints me-but that piano was not doing a lot more me.was waiting for it to kick off, alas you left me hanging this time!
@guitardep liked this alot-great guitars as usual-liked the rhythm on the break-couldn't improve on it-great work
@Iron Keys i loved the lead synth on this-all around very funky but i've heard u do better ;)
@LordSpinal enjoyed this alot! the vocals cool-and the bassline is tight-then that break hits-wonderful stuff.keep workin on this i reckon
@ mr haynes- very edgy-but just not enough variety in there to keep me interested. ni beat though
@RUCCER_TIME nice beat-got the head nodding again-whatd u use?well more grooving kind of doing a swan neck-needs a bit more variety though obiously but i thought it was cool
@Space_Alexander how this didnt place i dont know-lovely beat-nice rhythm, nice bass-aww yeah, great work
@SPINE.WAV tight work-enjoyed it but you've seen the other beats floating around here-the flute was interesting though-was it a flute? prey tell
@SUPERLEXX very interesting-whatd u use? i mean it's possibly a bit too crazy but i appreciate it being totally sideways!

Everybody take care!

Lol. Glad to hear that. It was the right beat but This one had a vocal sample i was playing around with. I thought i uploaded the one without the sample.

Anyway!

Everybody take care!

Thankyou bro. That means a lot! You're beat was one of my fav's in this battle.

Battle Points: 13
lol no clue, didn't see these coming!

@Magnetic Audio that beat was fkn dope my man...could listen to that all day, driving n feeling like a total pimp lol. well done, get that to an artist man :)

there were some more epic sampled ones, like @S3oulC1ty also @LordSpinal ' s beat did not deserve that place, dope as fuck..

@Iron Keys, did you have some troubles with the piano roll? xD (jk I see what you did there, should have kept the ''swing'' to a minimum imo)
Thank you very much! Yeah maybe a friend of mine will get on this beat, he already freestyle on it yesterday :D We´ll see.

Greetings from Germany

Battle Points: 13
Anyway!

Everybody take care!

Wow, first of all i‘d like to thank you for taking the time to give feedback to so many participants! I really appreciate that!
And thank you also for the very kind words about my beat.
Well I found a nice sample, played a few basslines on my shortscale bass from the 80ies and that was almost it

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
My take:

=== TOP 5 ===
@Vossi Beats - I like how the beat moves. Good low end, not too much but it's that piano that is awesome possum.
@Delta_Nine - Shots fired!!! I'm feeling the beef vibe. Great low end, drums are a perfect fit. Love the panning on the right.
@nottr - This reminds me of a 90's 12" that I just happen to stumble upon. Dope vibe overall.
@S3oulC1ty - Strong beat! Great soul sample. Drums fit nicely. The same works really well.
@Magnetic Audio - Very solid beat, could have placed 4th. Good use of the mix space, good panning.

=== RUNNER-UPS ===
@Andrenergy - I really like that synth, nice pattern. Solid mix. Clean.
@Armani - The Ayatollah would be proud. Good melody, but the drums stand out the most. Dope.
@boom base sound - This was interesting and different than the rest. Nice mellow vibe and I really like the low end.
@ConspiracyMuzik - Intro a bit long but great went the drums drop in. I think if the bassline had a better pattern it would be a much better fit for that vocal snippet.
@COOL J. - This is the one that stood out because of the loud mix. Clipping going on here. I think if you had a bit more control in the mix it would definitely stand out more. Good hook with the horns.
@Face Valid - This was my shit! I liked this one a lot. Very clean, tight but I just wish there would have been a nice change-up somewhere.
@GEETONJA - Very heavy low end. I love that for riding around in but not for a battle! Piano is dope, I just wish you had a nice drum loop drop in about half way through.
@guitardep - Great guitar. The drums and bass sound good together. Maybe another instrument could come in to liven it up a bit. Like a horn section.
@Iron Keys - Snoop should be on this. Mix is solid. Just the main synth gets a bit repetitive.
@LiveLargeBeats - Nice use of panning. Low end a bit heavy but dope. I think that bass kind of takes away from the main melody which should be a bit louder in the mix to make it pop a bit more.
@LordSpinal - Not a fan of sped up vocals but they sound okay with this beat. Drums are nice but kick a bit heavy. Nice bassline!
@MrHaynes - I like that murder-sounding bassline. Keys are nice and psychotic. Dope.
@Paco - I like this one. Good intro, solid bassline. Kick a bit heavy in the mix but the melody is dope.
@Primz - Solid mix but intro a bit long. Love the drum pattern, really dope. Melody sounds great.
@RekRaptor - I like that little voice snippet. Drums sound good but I just wish the hit harder to go with that hard bass.
@RUCCER_TIME - I would like to hear this with a different drum track. I think the snares take away from the rest of the music, which sounds almost like some horror movie stuff.
@Silentz - It's too bad it's the wrong mix but I like that bassline a lot, just slightly heavy. The drums and guitar fit really well with it. Good vibe.
@Space_Alexander - Nice wobbly synth, works really well. Bassline is busy so it pops. Good job. Maybe some strings quietly in the background coming in and out would help.
@SPINE.WAV - I really like this one. Great melody. Drum pattern is good but drums (maybe just the snare) could be different. Reverb would help on the snare a lot and probably blend in nicely with the flute.
@StoneLockProd - Love the guitar. Makes me want to work out. I just want to hear more of those vocal snippets. I know sometimes it can be hard to get enough of the sample without it cutting off.
@SUPERLEXX - This one I didn't know what to think because it sounds all over the place, like different bits thrown together. What's your setup?

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
There was almost to many dope beats in this one to decide so I'm gonna stay humble and just say thanks for the votes and for the win. Much appreciated!

My vote went to @nottr I've always been a sucker for saxophone, especially when it's well mixed - which is not an easy thing to do. I've been wanting to do a collab with you for a long time and this only affirmed me that it need to happen lol.
And I sampled the guitar this time, and the piano. Bought a maschine mikro mk3 not to long ago and I'm gonna get to know it as best I can before doing anything else, unless I can't get around doing it another way.

@Primz You almost got my vote, just a well put together track.

@Armani Yours was also very nice I liked the bouncy vibe.

@ConspiracyMuzik loved the vocal sample together with the violin. All it needed for me to vote was a snare that hit a bit harder. You are the kind of musician you can throw anything your way and you will turn it into fire!

@Face Valid Your beat is the kind you put on after smoking a blunt and just being couch locked for hours. Nice vibes man!

@SPINE.WAV I liked the way you incorporated new and old with the drum sample and trap. It seems as if you build your track up around the rhythm of the sample. If that makes sense. Yours also almost got my vote.

on to the next one GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online