Beat This! Competition - October 25-26, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from October 25-26th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on October 25th at 12pm ET/EST, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme).
Voting will be for one day, on October 26th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Beat This! ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=bthis

*Note: check out this site to find out the correct time difference for your timezone:

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: HALLOWEEN
Time Limit: 2 minutes
*Vocal Track Allowed?: NO
**Vocal Snippets Allowed?: YES

• You must make a Halloween type of beat!
  • It must be so scary that it makes little kids cry!
  • It's a bonus if your beat makes adults cry too!
===========
* VOCAL TRACK ALLOWED? This means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example).
** VOCAL SNIPPETS ALLOWED? This means you can have vocal snippets in your beat (very short vocal parts, for example). This is where you can also have an intro with talking (like from a movie).
===========

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2023102526.jpg

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
Sorry fellas, I have a couple other projects in progress and wasn't really able to get anything going in time for this one. I was working on a funny Halloween dance song, where I was flipping a kids song that I was going to nickname Fade's Halloween Party, but I couldn't get it right haha. Figured it wasn't really in line with the theme either. Looking forward to listening and voting though.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Sorry fellas, I have a couple other projects in progress and wasn't really able to get anything going in time for this one. I was working on a funny Halloween dance song, where I was flipping a kids song that I was going to nickname Fade's Halloween Party, but I couldn't get it right haha. Figured it wasn't really in line with the theme either. Looking forward to listening and voting though.
Hate when that happens.

Have had some cool ideas before and couldn't manifest them.

One of my last Halloween ones was real pleased with... I sampled a humming creepy girl and chopped and stretched the hums to match my creepy melody.

Imho nothing sounds scarier than a "Fade Halloween Party" tbh

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Hoping I can make it in by evening. Got a Halloween beat Ive been sitting on for the past 4 years that I need to do somethin with. We'll see.

Battle Points: 6
Nice work everyone, i cant decide whos best .

Got a question... Why is there one Beat who is 2.20 min and mine who was 2.05 because of the Fadeout is now on 2.00 ...

Sry but this really grind my gears right now.
Has he paid the Premium Package or was it simply a mistake.

Much Love, Boleg

Nice work everyone, i cant decide whos best .

Got a question... Why is there one Beat who is 2.20 min and mine who was 2.05 because of the Fadeout is now on 2.00 ...

Sry but this really grind my gears right now.

Much Love, Boleg

You can pay for extra minutes up to a maximum of 5minutes per track however most of us remain at 2minutes which should be enough to demonstrate your beat.

Battle Points: 6
You can pay for extra minutes up to a maximum of 5minutes per track however most of us remain at 2minutes which should be enough to demonstrate your beat.
I already know thanks for nothing XD

it grinds my gear because someone needs 2.20 and we all are cuted down to 2.00 . Understand it now?

Im ok my Fadeout is cuted out, but why the fuck is there one fellow with 2.20 and nothing special ist happening from 2.00 - 2.20...

Serious answers only

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Refresh the page. It must be from when I uploaded the beats this morning but then I fixed it. It looks ok to me now.

There is no premium package.

You can pay for extra minutes up to a maximum of 5minutes per track
That's news to me!

The Wire Wtf GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online