Beat This! Competition - January 10-11, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously tho, this mf...

1705041718469.png

SwayeeBoogie

Torch Bearer for Authentic Hip-Hop
That's dope, man. Thanks for sharing.

This done around working full time n shit too or?
And how long would you say it usually takes to make a beat ?

I rate your output, so I'm digging for knowledge.
Yea that's with working mon-fri. i try to do at least 2 or three at some point when I get home. Um as far as time? See I used to make a beat and complete the whole idea which would prob take45 mins to an hour to complete the whole beat but then I switched to doing skeletons. Meaning i will make the drums then chop up the sample make my main part and a hook part then save it and start another one. This allows me to create at least 5 joints. then when i come back the idea is there and I remember what I was doing and it only takes me 5 to ten minutes to complete each skeleton whether its adding instrumentations audio clips, basic mix sidechaining etc. get more output from myself that way and I'm always down to to talk hip hop so it's no prob.

Last edited:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Yea that's with working mon-fri. i try to do at least 2 or three at some point when I get home. Um as far as time? See I used to make a beat and complete the whole idea which would prob take45 mins to an hour to complete the whole beat but then I switched to doing skeletons. Meaning i will make the drums then chop up the sample make my main part and a hook part then save it and start another one. This allows me to create at least 5 joints. then when i come back the idea is there and I remember what I was doing and it only takes me 5 to ten minutes to complete each skeleton whether its adding instrumentations audio clips, basic mix sidechaining etc. get more output from myself that way and I'm always down to to talk hip hop so it's no prob.
Love bro.

Nice nice.

I mean I do(or did) similar. But got a heck load of skeletons living in the crypts of my beat folders. And often I don't feel to go back.

Sometim3s it cause it gets too messy. Saving renaming re saving. Chopping sharing exporting with myself.

But I kinda missing making music. Trying to think what it may look like moving forward. And also how to fit it in to life and achieve a productive output.

I find my best music comes together really quickly. So maybe I should owe that to moving in if I don't have anything solid within the hour.
But saying that, sometimes takes me 30 minutes just selecting drum sounds. Ha

I'd like to get back to making a few beats a week... hell even 1 a week would be good currently.

SwayeeBoogie

Love bro.

Nice nice.

I mean I do(or did) similar. But got a heck load of skeletons living in the crypts of my beat folders. And often I don't feel to go back.

Sometim3s it cause it gets too messy. Saving renaming re saving. Chopping sharing exporting with myself.

But I kinda missing making music. Trying to think what it may look like moving forward. And also how to fit it in to life and achieve a productive output.

I find my best music comes together really quickly. So maybe I should owe that to moving in if I don't have anything solid within the hour.
But saying that, sometimes takes me 30 minutes just selecting drum sounds. Ha

I'd like to get back to making a few beats a week... hell even 1 a week would be good currently.
Yea the saving can cause a pile up but The one's that I save and come back to are ones that I really like what I've done so I'll def come back to it. On others I'll just turn everything off if I'm not feeling it. Plus, I only make the beats when I get that feeling. It doesn't take much. I might be at work and hear something and I'm like oh yea I'm bout to cook or listening to any of my friends beats and other producers' stuff will spark me to want to create. You also have to prioritize it like its the job or getting a haircut or whatever else. I don't know if you draw any income or royalties from your music but that's also a motivation. I have to keep a surplus because I'm doing like multiple projects and always playing beats for people. In my area anyways

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Yea the saving can cause a pile up but The one's that I save and come back to are ones that I really like what I've done so I'll def come back to it. On others I'll just turn everything off if I'm not feeling it. Plus, I only make the beats when I get that feeling. It doesn't take much. I might be at work and hear something and I'm like oh yea I'm bout to cook or listening to any of my friends beats and other producers' stuff will spark me to want to create. You also have to prioritize it like its the job or getting a haircut or whatever else. I don't know if you draw any income or royalties from your music but that's also a motivation. I have to keep a surplus because I'm doing like multiple projects and always playing beats for people. In my area anyways

That's my feeling too. Even holding some account to it like 'I have to make 2 beats tonight' like you might with an exercise regime, it also puts a time/number measure to it.

I think the only thing with that is. I'll often be like "I'll spend an hour on making music" and ironically I'll work much better and productive in that time than if I had all day to do it. But I often find that hour passes quick but I'm still in the zone/mode. So trying to manage that latter point will be the interesting and tricky one. Having to stop when you're in the zone.

SwayeeBoogie

That's my feeling too. Even holding some account to it like 'I have to make 2 beats tonight' like you might with an exercise regime, it also puts a time/number measure to it.

I think the only thing with that is. I'll often be like "I'll spend an hour on making music" and ironically I'll work much better and productive in that time than if I had all day to do it. But I often find that hour passes quick but I'm still in the zone/mode. So trying to manage that latter point will be the interesting and tricky one. Having to stop when you're in the zone.
Yea for sure. I hate being interrupted when in a real zone. Like last night i was at my homeboy crib while he was making a joint a someone and it got me amped to do one today cuz the samples he were going through were ill. So ill prob do two today

Status
Not open for further replies.