Beat This! Competition - December 27-28, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I'll hopefully be back later to provide unsolicited feedback.

Few things I noticed...

- some people seem to think putting an 8th note flute on beat 4 of bar 35 constitutes a flute beat
- a couple beats (at least 1 trap and 1 bap-ish) drums and music sound completely separate; I often wonder is this a result of a) randomly chucking a flute over an existing beat b) using loops c) poor production choices d) bad mixing e) a combination

Some nice sounding beats in there though. Makes me jealous I no longer have any time or effort to put into my music.

Leopard Cohen

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 17
Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Looks fine to me

* correction - layout is fine but player isn't working for both desktop and mobile @Fade

It's throwing 404s based on
Can you try in another browser? That mp3 path is wrong. The end is 20231228.
I was trying to play the beats but they wont play or is it too early to vote. If I logout I can play the beats
Was this this morning or right now? Because everything looks good.

It could be a cache thing so if you guys can do a hard refresh on desktop ctrl f5 and let me know.

Leopard Cohen

ILLIEN
Can you try in another browser? That mp3 path is wrong. The end is 20231228.

Was this this morning or right now? Because everything looks good.

It could be a cache thing so if you guys can do a hard refresh on desktop ctrl f5 and let me know.
I had the opposite - it was working fine on mobile earlier, with the correct path cached.

Now it's not working on mobile or desktop after refreshing.

<audio class="illaudio" preload="none" controls>
<source src="https://www.illmuzik.com/data/ill/bthis/beats/beat4_20231227.mp3" type="audio/mp3">
</audio>

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.

Leopard Cohen

ILLIEN
It has to be a cache issue since it's fine in multiple browsers on my end.
Confirmed it's sending proper path via cmd line wget.
Required a browser restart to clear cache on desktop, working now.

* another correction - do you have separate templates for authenticated vs unauthenticated users?

wget got the correct path as an unauthenticated user.
Before logging in, I'm getting the correct path.
As soon as I log in, it goes back to "27" in the filename rather than "28"

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ah so it's a cache issue. The reason why the date is there is to make the path unique each battle so I'll change it up instead to avoid this.

@Leopard Cohen Everything is fine code-wise, it's just because I made a change this morning when trying to fix something so the dates were showing yesterday's upload dates, that's all.

Leopard Cohen

ILLIEN
Ah so it's a cache issue. The reason why the date is there is to make the path unique each battle so I'll change it up instead to avoid this.

@Leopard Cohen Everything is fine code-wise, it's just because I made a change this morning when trying to fix something so the dates were showing yesterday's upload dates, that's all.

@Fade - not disagreeing that there was a cache issue, did you also try unauthenticated vs authenticated (as a normal user)?

Have been able to reproduce the issue on both mobile and desktop - mp3 path is fine without logging in and then reverts to yesterday's date after login.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Fade - not disagreeing that there was a cache issue, did you also try unauthenticated vs authenticated (as a normal user)?

Have been able to reproduce the issue on both mobile and desktop - mp3 path is fine without logging in and then reverts to yesterday's date after login.
Yeah I tested it both ways and it's fine on my end.

I tried chrome, avast and Microsoft E
ill.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.