Beat This! Competition - April 3-4, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate it!
Sorry my bad, meant @SJAMBOK BEATS track. Was hard as fuck, but I also liked your beat too, a good drill beat IMO
Was a few good ones in this which made me think I wouldn't even place.
Also a great turnout this time around. Great to see more than 20 beatmakers in a beat this.

@2GooD Productions I did like your beat. Sounds a little over cooked though. Lufs be hitting over -8 killing the dynamics.
I havent had a chance to get in the studio and mix properly, its just mixed enough for me to battle with, I havent even heard the sub yet. Was going to enter an entirely different sampled beat as its better than this one, but I havent even started mixing it, didnt have time to do so, so just wemt with the ditty thinking I would surely not place anyway.

Im starting to question my judgement when I think Ill certainly win, I lose, and when I think Ill certainly not place, I win or come runner up. My next investment is the sub to go with the kali's but its fucking expensive and Ive got a little saving to do. I appreciate the feedback though, especially from a fellow mixing enthusiast.

I push -8db just to go through the process of transient control for individual channels and busses, and finally the master, its more me practicing pushing it as far as I can before it falls apart. Id be the first to hold my hand up to overdoing things when practicing my mixing, just to find the limits, and having fun with it.

Im starting to question my judgement when I think Ill certainly win, I lose, and when I think Ill certainly not place, I win or come runner up. My next investment is the sub to go with the kali's but its fucking expensive and Ive got a little saving to do. I appreciate the feedback though, especially from a fellow mixing enthusiast.
On that note, I used to not know if I'll win or not before joining too but with my last 4 entries I vividly knew I had winner quality, like I submitted beats while genuinely expecting wins. And then you, iron and kwaz decided to suddenly go nuts for donuts and I ended up with 2nd place 4 times in a row :blackeye:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Im starting to question my judgement when I think Ill certainly win, I lose, and when I think Ill certainly not place, I win
:this:
Washington Wizards Bruhh GIF by NBC Sports Washington

can-someone-please-explain-neil-degrasse-tyson.png

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 7
On that note, I used to not know if I'll win or not before joining too but with my last 4 entries I vividly knew I had winner quality, like I submitted beats while genuinely expecting wins. And then you, iron and kwaz decided to suddenly go nuts for donuts and I ended up with 2nd place 4 times in a row :blackeye:
Which is still pretty god damn good considering the quality present !

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
I havent had a chance to get in the studio and mix properly, its just mixed enough for me to battle with, I havent even heard the sub yet. Was going to enter an entirely different sampled beat as its better than this one, but I havent even started mixing it, didnt have time to do so, so just wemt with the ditty thinking I would surely not place anyway.

I push -8db just to go through the process of transient control for individual channels and busses, and finally the master, its more me practicing pushing it as far as I can before it falls apart. Id be the first to hold my hand up to overdoing things when practicing my mixing, just to find the limits, and having fun with it.

Glad to lend an ear and provide feedback! I'm actually considering replacing my monitors with the IN-UNF system which has a smaller sub included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online