"Beat Making on the MPC1000", any good?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
IMO, Samplers are only good for creating ideas not beats. If you just want something to have fun with, Maschine is obviously the correct answer. If you want something different, I'd suggest a Roland SP over the Akai MPC. If you're getting it for a steal and it doesn't really matter what it can do, then a MPC is a great choice. =)

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
fuck it man, the basics are the mpc main course...the super tutorial trick and what not are just overrated. especialy when its about fx or filters which are kinda mediocre on any mpc (perhaps not the 4k, never tried).

Perhaps you should drop here what you want to know :)

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
does anyone of you have this tutorial? (http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/84/beat-making-on-the-mpc1000/) is it worth the money? i already know the basics, so i dont want to spend money for instructions on how to program a sequence...
p

It's good if you know nothing about working on an mpc/have never worked on the an mpc its basics but the basics are very indepth. A friend of mine had this laying in his studio i sat and read for me it was nothing new but that's me as i've worked on a mpc 3000 so i already understand the workflow

if you can
chop breaks and play them back with ease
sequence
understand the transport
quantization
mute groups

yes the basics then you don't need the manual

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Hey Mono - dont get it man, I found that tutorial on a torrent site like 5 years ago and it wasnt even worth keeping on my harddrive...its just a bunch of overhyped basic information.....stuff you really can learn entirely on your own with a little time in front of the machine and a few references in the manual. Really man, nothing special.