Beat Cds And Protools! Don't Loop My Sh**

T

tallblkproducer

WITH PROTOOLS AND A BUNCH OF OTHER PROGRAMS OUT THERE,ITS VERY EASY FOR CATS TO LOOP STUFF, AND NOT GIVE THE PROPER CREDIT. I GAVE A CAT A BEAT ONCE ON CD, AND NEVER HEARD FROM DUKE AGAIN. SOME TIME DOWN THE LINE, A FRIEND HEARD A SONG WITH THIS CORNBALL SPITTIN OVER MY SHIT. I DIDNT EVEN KNOW. DAMN SURE DIDNT GET NO LOOT. NOW IF A CAT IS FEELIN A TRACK I GET HALF BEFORE I EVEN PUT IT ON A CD FOR SOMEONE TO WRITE TO IT. BE CAUTIOUS. :vampire:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's unbelievable how many people will actually steal beats like it's nothing. If that happened to me, someone would be getting a serious beatdown!

B

BeatOff

Thats foul, why would you give some cat you dont know a beat on cd? Thats the worst thing you could do. I know so many people who got jacked that way.

C

Copenhagen

If you want to become somebody you have to sent out your beats and risk them getting jacked...that's life. Remember to copyright your beats, see my answer to another thread regarding this.

B

BeatOff

Most people dont just blindly sends beats to people, Usually they have a manager who takes the beats around to labels and make sure they get the stuff back.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

Do you realise this is EXACTLY what software developers are all saying to people who download software off Kazaa?

In all the posts above, replace the word 'beat' with 'software', you'll understand how they feel...

Take care,

Nick

M

Millenium

I agree

My beats mean alot! I collab a lot with other artists and the worst thing I could think of is if they jacked me for it! That's why I'm cautious about who I give anything to!
Software is the same thing! I agree software should be freeware only if it's outdated or cheaply made! There is a difference!
As far as my beats go I get ill at a cat if I give him a track to spit on and he fucks it up behind some wac production on his part let alone him taking my beat! Get a notary to time stamp your Cd and seal it in a envelope! That's the cheap way or you can go through the proper channels! I believe what really matters is the ability to show a legitimate date of ownership! Peace

M

Millenium

That's pitiful

Lessons learned that way are hard, but I would imagine your wiser because of going through that! Just a shamed you had to learn it the hard way! Some people are trustworthy and others are not; plain and simple! If it's not professional then I dont mind who messes with my beat just as long as they give me credit, but my more serious polished beats have to be copywritten, before they leave my private bubble! Peace

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i feel copywrite your beat but sometimes you got to just put your music out there and see what happens....i read that the kid name red spider he is from fla and he had someone shopping his beats around in nyc and a beat he made for sheek never go use then out of the blue 50 got the beat some how cause sheek never used it and his man never gave it to 50 people.....so later on him and 50 colab on some tracks so sometimes you just got to put ya self outthere take the chance i feel we all gona get f over the first time i would feel better if some one took one of my beats a blew ya i know i would hate the fact i didnt get paid but it lets me know i really got what it takes and im not just a local cat i really got it. but yea i also read in the source the ten beat commandments and that was a rule to never do....never give a artist beats no matter what deal you and him got under the lable cause Pro tools is free and they can do there damn thing with that......

J

JAYBANGAH

Ruile #1.............

If a cat is feeling your track..................get half the doe...........!

If a cat is going to shop your tracks..........(Copyright.....Em).......

I've learned the hardway......trust me!!!!

R

Rip

"why would you give some cat you dont know a beat on cd? Thats the worst thing you could do"

haha, you wont get many places unless you do exactly that..
copywriting is fine, but it aint gonna stop someone from jacking your shit., and what are the chances that that individual has enough money to make it worthwhile to sue\/

i pass out cds on the reg, but have my vocal drops ALL over em. not 1 bar of my ish can be looped. :)

B

BeatOff

Originally posted by Rip
"why would you give some cat you dont know a beat on cd? Thats the worst thing you could do"

haha, you wont get many places unless you do exactly that..
copywriting is fine, but it aint gonna stop someone from jacking your shit., and what are the chances that that individual has enough money to make it worthwhile to sue\/

i pass out cds on the reg, but have my vocal drops ALL over em. not 1 bar of my ish can be looped. :)

Is that so? Well i know a couple pretty big producers. Tony Gavin who produced Shut Up, The Baddest Chick, And that No good Ballin Boys Track. He says the worst shit he's ever done was send his beats out blindly the only reason his songs blew up was because he had a manager who shopped the beats for him. He got strait jacked for the Trick Daddy Shut up beat because of this. You can do it that way or you can do it the safer way i'd rather not have any worry's about my shit getting passed on to somebody like swizz beats to claim as his.

R

Rip

like i said, put your vocal drops all over the beats, dont leave one free bar, you'll be fine.