Beat CD Syndrome!

Opera Populare

Graduate Of The Game
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i have a serious serious problem. when makin beat cd's for artists i always stress the shit outta myself tryin to put my best tracks on there then end up wit like 30 beats on the cd and stress myself out even more when subtractin tracks to get to that final ten i swear imma end up in a mental hospital over this and i'm a psychology major aint that some shit but does anyone else share my ill begotten pain

signed a stressed mess in buffalo lol

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Trust me dawg, being in dynamic producer, since it was ear to da streets, I personally have probably had to go thru that process at least 20 or more times and this is groups of beat cd's....it is very stressful....best thing to do man is to try and use your own mind on whats hot......but then always get at least 3 or 4 opinions on your beats, whether its worryin the hell out of a few people etc.....I used to have a list of like 50 or 60 beats, I would get one of my artists to listen thru them and help me narrow down the heat....and in exchange put one of their songs on it at the end LOL....but yes if you are trying to put a beat cd together its tuff, and especially after I told you awhile back i have a beat cd from some known producers.....it sound like an album complete with hooks, skits, raps and songs...not just instrumentals...that the type shit they putting on beat cd's imagine if you had to do that......????? LOL

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
for some reason the beats i make are very simple an really have no samples at all.. but i can write seriously hot shit on them. these are mostly beats i've posted in showcases and pretty much had pitty bigups or nothing at all. but they definetly do magnify my vocals more than commcerial/popular beats. maybe cause i subconsciously know what i mean to do with it in my head and don't have the ability to fill it all in or whatever.. but if neptunes dropped an instrumental in the 90's i doubt it would get anymore noticed than any one of us.

edit
reason: "lord of the underground they get me PSYCHO"

Opera Populare

Graduate Of The Game
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
lol d thats crazy. i always try and approach it like im makin an album like wat beats would i want, the track listin and all that, i go that far wit it and my people keep tellin me calm down but i'm so into the music i want everything to represent greatness so i juss keep beatin my self up ova it till that deadline comes like the beat cd i was makin i jus gave it to the dude a half hour ago and he im'd me biggin me up on the tracks but i gave em a cd 2 days ago and i went back and listened to that one like what the hell did i do why did i put those on there they hot but i still b buggin say if i made somethin hot that night i always want to call the person back like scratch that cd i got another one for u im insane i guess

B

breakbeat-cafe

it's crazy at times, i think we all must go through it....it gets me how one day something can sound so hot and the next you wonder why you bother, i think alot of it depends on the time of day and also what type of mood your in :)

Paul_Caruso

ill o.g.
If you've got 30 beats and you want to put them all on a beta tape(CD) that means you got 30 hot beats. That means you got 3 beat CDs, you should be happy about that!