Awww this sucks!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I just went to one of my diggin' spots (I haven't been there in over a year), I walk in and they have no vinyl left! It's a small store that sells a bunch of different used things like toys, CDs, tapes, videos. I didn't want to ask them what they did with all that vinyl because if they just threw all that shit out, it would bring back some horrible memories.

Years ago my mom threw away - yes, in the trash - all the vinyl that the family had over the years. I was so pissed.

Any of you have any messed up stories like that?

And Pug, if you're reading this, it's the place in Verdun I told you about. It really sucks because their vinyl was really cheap. :mad: :mad:

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I might have went to that store, is it on the same street as scoripio or whatever that crappy music cd store??? theres a few shops down the road, sell all kinds of junk, im imagining it would be there .. hahaha but yo about the whole vinyl.. i hear you, my uncle collected jazz and he sold all his shit a few years back... i wish he still had it.... ah well!!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yo Pug, what are some good places for diggin'? I don't go often so I don't really know any good spots. Any good ones downtown? Not Mars! That guy's psycho.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Ya man, i went to mars once and that was it!! Digging, there's a few places to look for... 2-3 blocks right from sherbrooke metro there's Beatnik (not the best place for digging they keep all their shit in the back hahah) then another block there's primitive a few blocks down (not bad, decent selection, but they don't clean the records) When you get out of mount royal metro head right and theres a few record stores along there. the dollar one with a green sign is my fav (cheap records, just a smaller selection) then there's always the salvation army on notre dame street downtown, they get lots of records everyday.. there's more i just cant remember them all hahahaha

N

Njoy

It's always a bitch findin' a good diggin' spot. Summer time is good for findin' shit at garage sales.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
garage sales are good, but i rarely find anything good at em unfortunetly.

Scholar

willing vic to the music
ill o.g.
I know this is an old thread but i had to say something. Here in ohio there is a place that has old records for 50cents this is hard to believe this guy i know that is teaching me the basics of spinnin was so shocked so i took him there he damn near bought the store. then last week i went to my mom inlaws b-party and im in the basement sippin and i found 3 big ass boxes of old original shit like temp. 4tops commadores,off the wall, shit like that i was in heaven. just wanted to share.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I feel you. Those are the kinds of records that were at that store! I need to find some good spots down here in TX, I have no idea where to look 'cause all I see is friggin' Tejano records.

J

JAYBANGAH

Old Vinyl

I live in Maryland and I recently started to go to Flea Markets...... I'm not sure if TX has flea markets, but we have two big ones and I find old vinyl there all the time...........

JAYBANGAH

C

Copenhagen

We have 2-3 chains here who got mad records...only trouble is that they cost a Hugh Hefner mansion..

T

tallblkproducer

NO MO' DIGGIN IN JERZEY!

I HAVNNT BROUGHT ANY NEW RECORDS SINCE LAST SUMMER!!! THAT WAS AT A FLEA MARKET OUT HERE IN JERZ-THEY HAVE IT AT THE MEADOWLANDS USUALLY ON WEEKENDS. ALOT OF THESE SPOTS OUT HERE GOT HIP TO THE SAMPLING THING, AND CHARGE RIDICULOUS PRICES FOR ALBUMS. HONESTLY, I GOT ENOUGH VINYL ANYWAY! IM NOT EVEN INTO LIKE I USED TO BE. OUT HERE, THE BEST THING TO DO IS HIT UP GARAGE SALES. THE MOST EXPENSIVE ALBUM I HAVE,IS A BLACK IVORY ALBUM WHICH HAS THE SAMPLE FOR RAEKWONS "CRIMINOLOGY". I PAID $60 FOR THAT SHIT A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO. ITS NOT EVEN WORTH IT. THE 45RPM ORIGINAL FOR C.R.E.A.M WAS SELLING FOR LIKE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS AT ONE TIME! I BROUGT THAT SHIT ON A STRICTLY BREAKS AND KEPT IT MOVING.