Autotune needs to die off already

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
WTF is this trash? The comments on Twitter are hilarious. The beat, the vocals, everything. 3 goofballs just standing around and Khaled is waving his arms around.

And the ambulances!!! AHAHAHHAH.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Didnt watch the video, since my old galaxy s4 mini would blow up xd but imo autotune has its place, it can be used in creative ways and its used pretty often actually without ppl noticing, thats when its done right.

The mentality of "less effort, more cash" should die off.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
The @Fade ambulances are around ‘cause all 3 artists need to be gurneyed straight to Hell.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Auto-Tune @DPrezd Beggar is best for actual singers who know when they’re pitchy ‘cause they been effectively taught when/how to know.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I feel fairly confident people like auto-tune because it reminds them of the 'glassy' sounding degraded phasing effect that they're using to hearing after downloading 64kbps mp3 files from Limewire played out of their laptop speaker.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Our @InsideOutBeats era had some duds but the sounds better part is due to the genius of the Braithwaite/Maserati/Belmont etc. of engineering.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I’m @InsideOutBeats to a point listening wise I
am/have been gettin’ knee deep into 70s funk, pun intended.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Mainstream music aint made for adults i feel, seems like they only want to target naive youngstas. Best bet is to look for music that is done by "bedroom" producers and support them. Yes, many that start off may not have studio quality but they grow from support and feedback.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
There @DPrezd Beggar was a time when adults could debut in the mainstream and crush it, Anita Baker was one of the many best examples of this though it happened at a much different time for the music business.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Mainstream music aint made for adults i feel

Well consider it like this... When I used to see them old bands doing live shows today, man dem like in their 70s now still doing their shows. I'm like yo come on now. But the old folk be interested.

Now like, Dre, 50, Em, Snoop all these man in their like 50s now or some shit doing shows and albums. You really think the yout dem gonna be excited? Probably out here going 'why's this uncle spitting bars'.

Maybe not, maybe some had an awareness of those artists and get a little gassed too.

There's always exceptions in music, and the possibility for things to break the mould, but always be aware of what that is so that you're doing something with an informed intent.