Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Go here for all the info on the battles:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/index.php

Voting will begin at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating!

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.
**Note: The staff's votes will count for 60% of the total.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat. Do not vote for the best BATTLE beat. You must vote for the BEST beat.

Once the beats have been posted, go here to listen to them and see the entire bracket:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

You can also discuss the battle in here.
This thread will be open when the battle starts.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
MARK - nice, chilled vibe, i really like the drums, that second snare sounds sloppy, but it works,mad crazy at 50secs, loving that drum reverse, then sample reverse, you stick to the mantra, if you stuck reverse it....good way of changing shit up, cuz the vibe stays the same, i also, like the sample drop out into bass as the firt section....andagain later...not really a sample i would use but heavy none the less....

HOMEBOY - heavy intro and kick, but as i have said previously i dont like sped up vocals, sick piano sample, nice guitar lick, this is fucking well complicated, strings, flutes everything, this is like a real piece of music...ha you love your no musical fx as well eh, is that the sound of waves? nice

hard choice, i like marks beat better, but ashs is fucking amazing sampling etc....im gunna have to go for ash....sorry mark...

Donovan

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
After gettin over the low qual mp3's and the sound's they used the one that got my head noddin was MarkN. I'm likin that drum pattern, just needs a good mixing and that'd be beautiful.

-Donovan

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
OKay, the last round... :::Snif::: i really enjoyed it. Well, Both of you are winners thats for sure.

Ash holmz: Im a fan, I love your sample selections. I dont know, the fact that 9th wonder used that sample already was a little turned off for me. The string, flutes, piano, its all in the sample.... But the way you flipped it was totally different. You sure can do anything with your MPC . lol

Markn: You came up with a beat totally different. I see that you tried to make a lot of change up, very interresting. Love the melody! And you also left some space for any Mc that could KILL IT.
Hot track in my opinion. What i love about you Markn, is that you didnt came up with a "battle track" just a good beat for us to judge.

Its going to be tough ... Its unfair to choose between 2 talented cats..

but I'll see you BOTH next year in the 2006 comp!!!

Love yall

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
Ash - that shit is it baby. great beat

MarkN - your beat is dope man, i'm feeling it, but I really feel Ash's beat

HOLMZ!

BROUSSARD BEATS

BroussardGoHard
ill o.g.
ash your beat is hot thats all i have to say and take that shit down now before somebody getz it
because thats a seller i would put r&b singer on thats 1

mark your beat was good but to me its just a loop that needs a hot mc

ash beat is hot without one

much love to both ash has my vote

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
ash - the beat was hot, but the sample was in there too much for me...
markn- loop was nice... but something sounded off in it... dont know wht, but it didnt feel totally right

the funny thing is Ash's sample could have wrk'd w/ Markn's beat.... But cuz on the somewht off, something in ur beat... the hi's or kick tone (markn) the edges goes to Ash...

Ash gets Freaks vote...

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Man, this was a really tight battle to judge. Both artists came with sharp beats and they both had a good flow even with the change-ups. I had to listen to both beats a couple of times before I could actually pick one. I'm gonna have to go with Holmzini on this one. Nuff Respect to MarkN for makin' this such a tough decision.
ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.