Audio Editing for a Mac

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Does anyone know what the best Audio Editing Sofware (Like Soundforge, Adobe Auditon) for a Mac???

Or what DAW (on a mac) has a great audio editor

Hypnotist

Ear Manipulator
ill o.g.
BluPHI!!! said:
Why?? Can you do better Audio Editing on Pro tools than on Soundforge or any other program??--If so then please explain

Yes and no.

Pro Tools is the industry standard, so EVERYONE has a plugin for it. You can do pretty much ANYTHING in pro tools.

The trade off to this is: Soundforge & Cool Edit (audition) comes with some nifty (he said nifty) stuff that you can use right out-the-box. Also, Pro Tools plugs can eat up a lot of your RAM and processing power if you don't have the proper setup.

Basically, if you wanna stay basic, then mess with the programs like Soundforge.

I personally use Pro Tools, and I would swear by it, but just cuz I'm comfortable with it, and it's in every studio in the world, and when I edit in PT, I don't need to export to PT for later mixing/editing, because it's already in the damn thing.

TheSpark...

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Problem with ProTools... Limited amount of tracks... and Industry Standard means nothing unless you're buying the industry version of ProTools and that costs Thousands and Thousands more than any of us can afford... and if we could afford it not too many of us would be on these forums...admit it... and I'm really tired of ProTool people acting like if it's not PT it's basic and childish... One read thru of a scratch magazine will show that there are plenty of professionals in the "Industry" that don't use PT... plus the greats like Pink Floyd and Others did't have any of that stuff and their music sounds better than anything on the radio... but thats because it wasn't about what it was recorded on, it was about what was being recorded in... that's just my opinion, but who am I?

LonChainy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Look into an audio editor called..Wave Editor...yes thats the name "Wave Editor" its for Mac and has some nice features...some that others dont have.