ATTENTION regular headphone users

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
i have read an article that shows that a rise in headphone users has also led to a rise in people having chronic tinnitus.
this is not a disease but it is symptom where exposure to continous loud sounds damages the ear and leads to the user hearing a ringing/buzzing sound in their ear for possibly their whole life, or if lucky temporarily. this ringing has no external source so only the victim can hear it, it NEVER goes away no matter what you do and at the moment there is no cure, so i suggest you play your walkman at not too high of levels.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

Afrique Deluxe brings up an important point: people sometimes listen to music too loud, and this can cause tinnitus.

Tinnitus is a condition of the ear caused by overexposure to loud audio, such as music.Symptoms are persistant ringing, buzzing, chirping, hissing in the ear.

You know how it is when you spend all night clubbing and your head is 'ringing' right before you go to bed at 5:00 am? Imagine having that ALL THE TIME.

Here's a simple list of sound levels and their dB ratings:
http://www.ata.org/about_tinnitus/consumer/healthy_hearing1.html

Nick

P

Prophet

My friend has that. He knows what frequency it affects in his hearing. so when he mixes, he can adjust for problem caused by tinnitus. he said he is used to it.

B

Briellz

I always have my headphone on blast when Im making beats or just listening to music.

I know my limit though.....I get sick of it being loud after a while.

stabster

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Damn, I have my headphones on all day except when im producing, than i use speakers.. I better be carefull.

M

Millenium

Maybe that loud ringing

Will inspire a hit! lol! Naw seriously I agree, but I still can't help turn the volume up to ten! If it doesn't distort it's a good mix! that's my take on it! Plus my audio's are never over the limits of ordinary sounds like jackhammers! Sheesh now that's some noise! What I make is childsplay to a shotgun going off, but it does kind of resemble one! Stay Up