Attention All Producers...

D

detox_one

YO,
I just Had In idea... How about we create 2 "sample" forums. 1 would be a forum where all the producers can upload their samples to share with other producers. I know I dont mind sharing my ish (I'll keep the best stuff for myself though), but this would open up a world of endless sampling oportunities for those interested. Give few and take few samples would be the rule. The second sample forum would be something like for a "beat this" competition. Where all the samples are provided, and see who can come up with the dopes beat based on those samples. Gimme some feedback, and Ill try to make it happen. I know I've got a grip of samples that no one else in the world has. Im down to make thos available to the public. Peace yo...

fiz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
i think your second idea is a dope one - give everyone the pieces and see what they make out of it - it can be samples, drum sounds, whatever, but you have to only use what's provided though you can flip it however you want, and alter it - but it would be really cool to see what people come up with...

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Both ideas are good to me. I've seen contests on other forums where producers had to put together tracks using set samples only using Fruity Loops (ARRRR!)
I'm down with any kind of contest. It sharpens the skills.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I don't like this idea.

1-There's already a competition - Beat This.
2-Creating a seperate forum and having people "upload" samples will suck lots of bandwidth and diskspace.
3-People won't be as excited to enter the Beat This Competition.
4-I'm busy with a lot of other stuff and maintaining a competition forum too would be too much.
5-Other sites do that and I find they get kind of boring.
6-It's good to sharpen the skills but that's why I put together Beat This.

Maybe if you guys were to find some free webspace to upload your samples to, then we could have a THREAD started where everyone posts a link to their finished beat. But a seperate forum would just get out of hand.

Anyway, there's a lot more stuff going on right now at IllMuzik that's more important to me, so it's up to you guys.

HaZwaiOh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
to me this idea ain´t appealing at all. that´s like using hiphop ejay. what´s next? Premade drumloops and basslines? Then we just have to upload our sequencers session file. C´mon, heads here have enough creativity to start their own stuff.
Apart from that I would not want listen to 10 beats all being based on the same sample.

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by HaZwaiOh
to me this idea ain´t appealing at all. that´s like using hiphop ejay. what´s next? Premade drumloops and basslines? Then we just have to upload our sequencers session file. C´mon, heads here have enough creativity to start their own stuff.
Apart from that I would not want listen to 10 beats all being based on the same sample.

word up!!!!!!

S

Skaet

I think that is not a good idea.
all the producers have then the same samples and i think every producer must do his own shit.
You can trade samples with other producers but dont make a sample bank.
Peace & One Luv

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
It's like MacGyver. You got to use what's available to survive. If you can do that... you're good. It wouldn't be that bad... But, Uncle Fade says no. So it's no. (Just messin' wit 'cha Fade!)

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I'm thinking it can go both ways, the good thing is that you can get an idea of what other producers are doing, the bad thing is you would really be jacked if you heard the beat that you made playing #1 on all the radio stations and you didn't get a penny for your effort...I know you say you'll keep the hot beats for yourself but how many #1 hits have you heard that made you think to yourself..." I could have made that beat 10X better?

D

detox_one

Yo Fade, Waddup Loke?

1) I know that thereis a beat this competition, but you have one just about every other month. This can be just ONE of the many "BEAT THIS" topix. Ther are many to chose from.

2) The bandiwidth space... well you really dont have too many people logged on at any given time. Proly the most youll have is about 5 at any one time.

3) How do you know people wont be as exicted about the beat this? Producers interpret samples in different ways, and I can proove this. You dont have to use evry single drum kit the same, people can introduce their own sounds as well: chop up the same samples, cut and paste. Only catch is to use whats provided.

4) Maintaining a competition forum, well I cant argue with you there, but... maybe someone can provide the sample forum on a separate site.

5) What other site do this? I am interested so I can hit them up, and peep the competition there.

6), Like I said, You can make this one of the many "beat this" competitions. But really though, its all up to you fade, You call the shots around here, but I see that there is some interest in doing this from other members.

To HaZwaiOh,
Yo homie, the sample list aint even been created yet, the rules aint even been created yet. How do you know what sample will be used, and how they will be used. Insteaad of a baasline, we can throw in just a bass pluck. Do you know how to create a bass line from a bass pluck? that takes some skill, although it aint rocket science. You know what I'm sayin? the possibilities are limitless if you use creativity, even with the same samples. As a matter of fact, one the rules can be... "If any 2 or more beats sound the same, they are automatically disqualified" And this My friend..... would make things 20 times more interesting. Think about it. that would take the kind of creativity u are tALKING ABOUT.

To Skaet,
You would only upload the samples you feel are worth sharing. If your sample is too good, then keep it to yourself. Not evrery producer interprets the same sound the same. One Luv.

yo JOEBURMEN,
this would only proove who the real macgivers are HUH????
Peace and one luv

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It doesn't seem like many people are for it. Like I mentioned above, you guys can do it if you want, but the sample kit would have to be provided by someone (not me), and uploaded somewhere (not here). Everyone can download the sample kit, have a few days to do their beat, then post a link to their finished beat. I don't have time to handle all this, but if someone's willing to sort of be in charge of this section, then let me know.

You would have to be responsible enough to make sure the sample kit is provided every time and that everyone posts their beats by the due date.

members online

No members online now.