Assigning Chops in the Live Sampler

O

open mind

is it possible to assign each chop to diffrent keys in "1" sampler channel or do i need to open "MULTIPLE" sampler channels to assign more chops?

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
not sure about sampler. i haven't upgraded to live 6 and don't plan to. but simpler seems to be best for multiple chops. you don't get the amount tweeks as you get with sampler, but honestly i don't think you really need alot of it. simpler does it for me.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Yeah but when u play em it still plays the sample to the end right? cus for example when u do the kick drums one note is 1/4th long and the other is 1/8 it will play the sample for the same amount of time..

At least at my version - version 6

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
for a kick drum its gonna play the whole thing because a kick drum is so short. a piece of sample thats maybe a quarter of a second to 2 or 3 seconds long, it'll cut the note short. but usually you would have all your chops cut to how long you want them to play beforehand.

O

open mind

i want to simulate the functions of the FL Slicer on Ableton Live.

i mean assigning diffrent samples to diffrent keys and then let them play just as long as i hold the key all in one channel?

is it possible with the built in simpler/sampler if yes how do i do taht?
i know i can create diffrent zones in the simpler/sampler channel but how the fuck can i assign them to keys?

O

open mind

thanks for the pm lazy.

i need to spent mo time with the prog.

S

SoLow

easy to chop in Live

Yes it s possible to do that in live, just few step to do:
First drag the sample to chop in the Arrangement view
Now u got the sample ready to chop,choose the parts and whit ctrl+e u chop them
After that u got all your chops open a sampler and click on zone,here u can drag all your chops and select the positions of each sample on the key zone editor
That s all

ps:sorry for my english hope you understand me!

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah similar to NNXT, just chop the sample up in arrange view...select the portion and drag into sampler, and assign it the key u wanna trigger it with, do this for all ur chops...boom.

or use something like recycle...zone- export wavs, and drag those files into sampler as well

Thats the best way to do it that ive seen

DrOscillator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Another option is to chop the samples and drag each slice to a different clip (set each of these to "gate" if you want to them to play for as long as you hold the note, and you may need to turn quantizing off for each clip too), then assign each clip to whichever midi note you want by using the midi-mapping mode (click the midi button in upper right, then click on a clip and press the midi note you want to trigger it). This is my technique for sample-based beat construction, very easy.