Asr-x

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I have an ASR-X as well as a mpc2000xl and a triton rack the mpc is the best sequencer of all but I think the ASR-X has the better sampler of the three but overall the Mpc is the better machine but I noticed that in the mpc you can't take one sample and chop it up 100 different ways without copying it which takes up sample time but with the asr x you can take one samle and put it in all the pads and do sometihng individually to them all with out taking up any extra sample time ....I just wanted to know if anyone has an asr x and has noticed that its sampler is very good...But for every pro there's a con..the sequencer on the asr x sucks

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
no asr but i was thinking about trading my mpc for one...... however i am switching up to a motif rack now and the sequencing on the mpc is worthwhile. does the asr have its own soundset?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
hmmm.....i just fell in love with the motif. i wont be needing the asr!!

*in respose to your question, i know i havent worked on one but it seem to be popular among famous producers. Chad Hugo uses one, and we all know that alchemist is a fiend for that machine. they have both mentioned the sampler as being underated because of mpc's popularity.

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
yeah -- my dude has one -- and it's sampler is and does exactly what you said -- plus it comes with the effects that you can insert in real-time which is nice -- but the sequencer is horrible -- i've noticed that it breaks a little, in song mode, when there are a good amount of sequences put together -- that was real disturbing to me -- but i've actually used it's sampler in combination with the mpc2000xl -- so you've got the best of both worlds

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
PC PC PC PC

sequence on your computer and ull only need ..the MPC or THE ASR

the asr has on board sounds...it samples...and its a synth...

the mpc..well it samples..

Be your own judje and do like they tell me..play with them all and find your own cons...cuz what someone may like..you may hate...vica vera...i hate the mpcs sequencer...im a visual kind of person.

ski_mask

ill o.g.
Listen..call me crazy but i have an asr-x and i HATE this thing. Im shocked to hear that the neptunes and the alchemist use this thing....I dont know somebody that has one help me out.....im about to sell this thing for an asr-10. I only use the asr-x for the sounds and fxs anyway..... ***THE SEQUENCER ON THE ASR-X IS THE WORST SEQUENCER IN EXISTENCE!!!!!***** By no means by this thing unless you are going to sequence it with something else. Somebody please....give me some positive info on why i should keep this thing.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
You can't find a sampler that can compare to it..you can do 10 times more with one sample than the mpc...If you don't sample get an mpc midi them up and use the sounds or get rid of it ...The only problem with the sampler is it takes too long to load

ski_mask

ill o.g.
Jesus christ i thought it was me that thought it took tooo long to load!!! You have an excellent point ...you can chop shit up crazy with this thing. And with the knowledge that the alchemist uses this thing hasgiven me new light. But help me out one more time. Is there some sort of video that can teach me the full capabilities of this thing??? There are soo many things you can do with it that i dont understand.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
Originally posted by ski_mask
Jesus christ i thought it was me that thought it took tooo long to load!!! You have an excellent point ...you can chop shit up crazy with this thing. And with the knowledge that the alchemist uses this thing hasgiven me new light. But help me out one more time. Is there some sort of video that can teach me the full capabilities of this thing??? There are soo many things you can do with it that i dont understand.

Yeah I know some video on it :

"HOW TO PRODUCE LIKE ALCHEMIST WITH THE ASR" VHS
French people robbing their foreign friends entertainment .inc

-duration 30 minutes
-price : $90
-methods of payment : CASH only ... no personal checks god damit
PAYPAL not available
-shipped in .......... be patient you will receive it !
WARNING :tape may not play with SONY, RCA, SAMSUNG, PHILIPS,AKAI and PANASONIC VCR's...

B

Billy Bathgate

I had a boy of mine that had an asr-x he didn't like it at all. you are right about the sequencer is booty on it. MPC is the hands down winner. You pay for what you get. sometimes you just have to pay for quality.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
I highly suggest you invest in a computer to handle all your sequencing duties. The power is incomparable to the MPC and ASR, which are simply pro-audio technologies of yesteryear.

J.VAZQUEZ

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
The ASR is abad mo' fo'. I got one (rack version) and the filters& fxs are great .It was given to me wen Iwas working on some R&B shit called FEMME (EMI)
Computers are cool for the editing thing but if you are down with some hardware stuff buy an ASR .

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Originally posted by J.VAZQUEZ
The ASR is abad mo' fo'. I got one (rack version) and the filters& fxs are great .It was given to me wen Iwas working on some R&B shit called FEMME (EMI)
Computers are cool for the editing thing but if you are down with some hardware stuff buy an ASR .

It's good for filters and fx...and the sampler is good but no matter what the sequencer sucks

X

xkwest

Originally posted by God
I highly suggest you invest in a computer to handle all your sequencing duties. The power is incomparable to the MPC and ASR, which are simply pro-audio technologies of yesteryear.
naw... but hardware is more fun to rock....

D

Dj Dezerk

its the greatest thing that has happenned to me . u can get around the glitchin on the board . it probaly glitches because ensoniq . didn t think this one through.it has a lot of stuff in it that a lot of drum machines and keyboards don t have.effects, syntherseizer,sounds,stomper,sampler,and sequencer.please don t give up.i knew what i wanted before i bought it . i ve had i 5 years.if u wana listen to some hot joints from holla .it too advanced for it own . oh if u use the pattern mode or song mode and do your breaks and things u want it to do it will act smoothly.yeah i too hate the sequencer.but im in love with my box reta .hola

members online