asr-x pro vs. eps 16+

A

allenhighwaters

I've posted about the ASR-X before but here's my dilemma...

I have about 350$ and i want my setup to be just a turntable and a sampler.

I already have a turntable and speakers and a amplifer, and i hate computer software
,so i have a choice of an ASR-X Pro or an EPS 16+.

Which would be better by itself like that.The style i want to do is mostly sampled based production like alchemist,erick sermon and DJ Quik all in one.

Thanks..

Allen

ill o.g.
The keys will def help you if your tryin to play some melodys out too. I got the EPS16+, but ive used the ASRX. I like how the ASR dont take up half the room. Its easier to bring around with you. The only thing about the ASRX is theres no keys, and the sequencer skips if you try to edit a sample while the seq is playing. You can edit when the seq is stopped fine. But i just like to be able to here my shit change while its playin.

Its pretty much up to you. Depends on what you wanna wake up and look at every day. The ASRX is a lot more advanced. THe EPS was made in 1990. The ASRX was 97. The EPS heats up real bad and it would make me reboot without saving right in the middle of my beat i didnt save. But that stopped once i got a fan for it ( http://www.hometown.aol.com/mishon66/Theecooler.html ). Another thing, The EPS has a max amount of sample time of 2mb. Correct me if im wrong but i think the ASRX can have 34mb. The ASRX also has SCSI that i think its standard. And the 8 outputs board for the ASRX is a lot easier to find then the EPS's 6-out board. Now that i look at the Specs i wouldnt mind havin a ASRX to own. But its pretty much down to the keys, and memory.

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
Can you multipitch samples across the asr-x? If so that may make it a better choice. I enjoy the 16+ but I use an sp1200 for drums, so I avoid maxing out its memory with 8 tracks. Also, I know this is bad luck, but I have not had the overheating problem with my eps-16+. With nothing else, I suggest asr-x. Drums are the foundation and for what you wanna make, the pads will be a benefit over programming drums on the keys. And the memory will help.

Yeah, I just noticed you posted asr-x pro. Go for the pro.

A

allenhighwaters

Thanks, I have bought a ASR X Pro off ebay and im waiting for it.

I'm so excited.

My setup will consist of..

Vestex PDX-d3 Turntable
Ensoniq ASR-X Pro Sampler
Speakers
Yamaha Amplifier
and a Yamaha DGX-200 Keyboard

Wut do u think?

ill o.g.
I think its a dope setup.

You got a sampler and synth setup. And did you know that you can control your ASRX with the DGX, so you can play your samples on keys now? Thats a nice setup. Make sure you post some stuff up for us in the showcase once you get goin.