ASR-10 and MOtif/MV8000

B

Bonkerz

I'm copping a asr-10 and either a motif or an mv-8000. If i got da motif, i would use the sounds on it and put em in the asr then sequence on the motif. How would i be able to burn cd's of da beats and how would i be able to hook up the asr-10 and motif. The only reason i would get da mv is cuz of the phono input and cd burner but if theres a simple way i could burn cds' of the beats with motif and asr, i'd copp da motif. Is there any way to connect the motif or asr to an external cd burner? All help is greatly appreciated.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
i say MV 8000 man, its a BEAST, it has so many more features than a motif and does all your mastering and cd burning. and iv got a motif. (great sounds btw)

but it depends what you need for your style.

B

Bonkerz

I Can Only Get One Or The Other,

If I Get Da Mv, I'll Have To Sample Everything But If I Get Da Motif, I Could Do Alot Of Layering With Da Sounds But Would'nt Have Any Way To Burn Beat Cds But I'll Probaly Go Wit Da Mv. The Asr With Scsi Is Gone Come Out To 995 And The Mv Is Like 1185, Both Pieces Are Used.

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Why buy two samplers?(MV and ASR) But on da real not sure if you know this but um you can record to your computer to a recording program to make beat cds. Why spend a bunch of money on a MV jus cause it has a CD Burner. Maybe you should read up on trackin out beats to a computer. Please check out alternatives before you spend a bunch of money on gear. But dats jus my two cents, its totally up to you.

ONe

check this out

Motif Used-$850
MPC Used-$600
Recording Program/Computer-$500

Total:$1850

VS

Motif-$850
MV-$1185

Total:$2035

You go figure out what you want to do!!

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Bonkerz said:
I'm copping a asr-10 and either a motif or an mv-8000. If i got da motif, i would use the sounds on it and put em in the asr then sequence on the motif. How would i be able to burn cd's of da beats and how would i be able to hook up the asr-10 and motif. The only reason i would get da mv is cuz of the phono input and cd burner but if theres a simple way i could burn cds' of the beats with motif and asr, i'd copp da motif. Is there any way to connect the motif or asr to an external cd burner? All help is greatly appreciated.

You should actually be choosing between the MV or the ASR. You want need 2 samplers as mentioned before not right away anyway. I haven't used an ASR 10 in a few years, so I can't really speak on it, but I do use an MV and a Motif and it works for me. Check out the specs on the new MV's OS 3.5 update. It's killing everything out there right now. Mixing, EQ, Mastering, audio tracks, time stretching, auto-chop, VGA/Mouse connection.

Just my 2.

X

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
yeh an MV with a Motif is the perfect setup. dont get the MV if you get the ASR, its pointless.

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I got a mv and motif. Cop the mv first and learn the basics of it. Cop some sample cd's. A lot of people don't know that you can really turn the mv into a keyboard it self. You just got to want to put the time into it. There are a few cats on ebay that got all the triton, motif and so on sounds. You can easy program them in the mv 8000 and have the same thing.

ill o.g.
Neither the Motif nor the ASR-10 supports a CDRW burner; only CDROM drives for those samplers. That is, they don't support burning CDs; you could possibly use a CDRW to load samples on those boxes as long as the CDRW is compatible. Also, if you plan to get an ASR-10, be sure it already has the SCSI interface, as those things just cannot be had these days. We probably get 3-4 calls a week from folks looking for one and we have to tell them the sad news - you probably won't find one...