Are You Unhappy With Rap?

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I must say I tierd of people talking nonsense about how rap sucks hip hop isn't the same how every song on the radio sucks..Don't listen to it stop watching the videos stop being haters....If I don't like somthing I don't listen to it or watch it complaing like little women gets you no where and it gets you there fast ..While you're busy complaing on how much you don't like this one or that one this one and that one is living good fucking the badest bitches getting head from the prettiest mouths , living life to the fullest without a worry in the world ....They get to go where they want and do what they want at any given time...How many of US can do that...Not many!! So please if you're unhappy with the current state of hip hop if you don't like souther rappers east or west coast rappers don't listen to their music If you don't like mainstream rap don't listen to the radio...You should all save your money combine it and buy your own radio station and play what you like

E

enfinite

you got it all wrong

yo u got a point but the hate comes from a place thats deeper than anything else, our love for this music. most of us from this site grew up on some hip hop that made sense to us, that we could relate to, that we saw as truth because we lived it. rapping is a form of expression and whatever you want to expess yourself about through it iaint a problem with me. the problem comes when artists stop doing what they feel they would rap about, put that aside, and cater to some bullshit and it sounds fake and tailored. how can we show any type of love for fake cheap bullshit? it has to bother us because that bullshit coems from that same form of exopressionw e love so much. we love this music shit like if it was our child, if it grows to do some retarded gay drugged out fake bullshit, it would hrut us and bother us. but your right nigags gotta stop crying and shut the fuck up and do something bout it. i dont dislike all commercial rap a lot of it is talking bout shit i relate to just in a style thats 2003 and not 1997 so wut can i do i still feel it. but take a song like that p diddy murphy lee nelly song, tell me that is not the most ridiculously gay fucking song ever that has does nothing but boast some gay shit in a gay way this rap music aint about money, its about expression and if lil jon raps about girls getting low shaking their ass im gonna like it, but if these morons boast about theyre cars in a gay way, ill hate it peace

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
YES!!!!!!!! I agree ..... I can't understand why people complain so much ..... Yes, there is a lot of crap on the radio but like inrctyhoodmusic said ..... I just turn off the video or turn off the radio. Its like this ........ you either get with the program or you'll be a broke complaining producer that never made a hit. I don't care for Nelly, but I want that money he has. Hip Hop evolves and you gotta keep up. Hip Hop can't always sound like a Tribe Called Quest, Gangstar, Biggie, Nas' Illmatic ....thats old and played ..... if you don't like where the music is at ...then reinvent it ...... don't stay in the past .... do something NEW that you like.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
Don't bame yourself, bame the artists [ ie:Timbo and Jay Z ] THEY'RE QUITTERS...talking about how much the rap game sucks.... you're in control player...change the game...they can change it easier than a newbie can...You Never Quit something, you say you LOVE???hummm...why is evreyone quitting except NAS? is he really the true king of HipHop, the true black knight of hiphop? It's not over until it's over...Dont let RAP be the only music in history to die....

C

Copenhagen

It bugs me too, the constant bitching that goes on here. If you don't like what's on the radio or tv, turn it off! Why spend your energy on dissing whoever. Why not spend your energy trying to make a difference, trying to change the game and using your energy to absorb all the good stuff off here. I've said this before...it just didn't get the same response.
Also, Hip-Hop didn't start out with the Boom Bap, remember that. It started with stuff like Sugarhill Gang etc...beats that come closer to todays commercial stuff.
Don't live in the past, build the future...

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Straight up man, I see everyones point on how if you dont like mainstream hip hop then turn it off. That is true, however im not a big fan of mainstream hip hop. And yes, i dont usually listen to the shit thats on the radio. Take for example Murphy Lee's new song "What the Hook Gonna Be?", u cant get less creative than that! Back in the 90's hip hop had a message, everything was mostly dope, now people can say hip hop is being ruined or it sucks. However hip hop has grown, it is bigger now than ever. People love going to get there Nelly cds, and there new Sean Paul, and there probably on top of the charts or number 1 on TRL. Then let it be, get out an old Tribe cd. There will always be good hip hop, maybe it wont be on the radio or shit, then u gotta go look for it. Hip Hop does not suck now, its just that theres so much Hip Hop that the shit we like aint getting air time or put out.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Ive never thought hiphop was dead or for that matter thought it was going down tha drain...There is a large under-toe of outstanding hiphop being made, but like most others said in this thread - change needs to come, and its not going to dramaticaly happen all of a sudden...But i can see it happening - just slower than we all really want i suppose...There are defintely better things to put your energy into, like trying to elevate this hiphop...So i think we all should try and do that - but regardless if you have a legitimate diss about something you dont like...than fuck it!..Diss away, i really dont give shit.
Everyone hates something one way or another...But Ive observed a definite rise in tha hatred for a lot of tha nonsense on tha radio and mainstream tv without a doubt...This is seriously due to tha simple fact that Industry leaders these days know exactly how to wrap you up like present and ship your ass out - these days much better than they did in tha earlier days of hiphop...Given; tha industry has always done this - but there a very evident formula here that hasent died off yet, and basically untill that ceases to make money your all gonna continue to hear it and see it one way or another.
Im just like Mad S. - in tha respect that if i dont like it, i turn it off...Hell i dont think i ever listen to tha radio cuz i already know what to expect - - Tha same shit everyone else is ravin about all tha time that sucks major cock..And that right there is what i think most everyone else does as well - and thats where a big part of tha problem lies...I.... like a lot of other hungry people want to actually listen to tha radio sometimes without it making me click it off 2 seconds after i just turned it on...Its just a shame.
We all just need to keep on doing what were doing and try to add some new flavor to game - and hopefully one of us will break through and unleash a fresh breath upon tha status of tha mainstream as we know it.

Steeze

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yo I feel you inrcty, when will the madness quit?

This is one of those never dying topics...rap/hip hop vs. individual opinion. Is there really a winner? Yes there is a winner...rap/hip hop wins because it will be here far longer than our personal opinion will. Rap as well as any other genre will have it's ups and downs. The problem is that some don't roll with the punches, some would rather lay down and cry like a little girl. I will even go so far as to say that those that cry are really the sell-outs. If you believe in something, you will support it whether it's up or down. Thats REAL love for rap! So stop with the whinning and make a difference. I like the saying..."LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET THE F**K OUTTA THE WAY"...and PLEASE stop crying!

Big Ups and Props to those who know how to STOP, DROP and ROLE!

--dacalion

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
well if something aint right why should i keep my mouth closed and act like everything is okay.

the more popular hip hop has become the more the artform has become cheapened.

i dont listen to the radio and i dont have mtv, alot of the hip hop i hear now focuses on the club aspect of life and thats fine but take that music outta the club and it has no meaning.

no commericial shit out now is fucking with the early 90's shit, anyone who says otherwise is either lying to themselves or brainwwashed or sleeping

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
JPeg, you should always voice your opinion. Thats what it is all about. My response was directed at those who attack an artist and then say that rap is dying. No ONE rapper makes RAP. If NELLY quit the game, hip hop/rap wouldn't fold up, if P.D., Pharell, or any other rapper at the top of their game quit, RAP and HIP HOP would still be alive and kicking.

You did have a good point when you said "the more popular hip hop has become the more the artform has become cheapened", well the artform consist of many different artist and the ones that have cheapened it haven't really cheapened the artform, they've cheapened themselves which inturn makes it appear that RAP/HIP HOP is getting weaker. Yet still just another opinion of an individual but I know that RAP will bounce back.

--dacalion

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
I've come to the conclusion that all the people who have problems with Hip Hop were born in the mid 80's and are barely in their 20's and what you youths need to understand hip hop did not start with gangstar..In 1989 hip hop had a 15 year aniversery....How man of you can actually remeber 89?? And you know what the same people that came up on the late 70's to 80's hip hop didn't like the hip hop in the 90's...What's the difference..they still talk the same shit now that they did in the 90's shoot stab rob get money smoke weed get pussy and head....Kool Mo Dee even talked about head in the 80's "She treated me Like Budah and bowed her head in the bed"...The only thing that you people don't seem to understand is the only thing that changed is the production which seems to be better more original , and creative..A lot of people are stuck in the early 90's I know not everyone here is not black but this is the best way I can say this...Black people been going backwards for too long it's time to move forward...Hip Hop represents blacks as a majority and with constant nonsense like this a lot of us aren't going to get any where....Times change If anyone here feels like hip hop in the early 90's was hip hop at it's prime then you should go back to rocking flat tops and gumbis wearing tight levis and or hammer pants and doing the running man just to show people how hip hop should be ..If you're not willing to do that much for your version of hip hop then keep your mouth shut and tryto make a difference with your music....remeber the most sucessful people in life are the ones that don't complain about the way things are in the feild that they're in

E

Equality 7-2521

No doubt there is wack hiphop out there. I despise it and sometimes it even makes me sad.

I think.......

If you are an artist, and you think there is too much wack shit, let your opinion be known once and only once.....then lead by example. You dont change shit by complaining.

If you are a fan, and you think there is too much wack hiphop, dont listen to or buy ANY of it. If there is no market for wack hiphop then it wont exist.....who would want to make wack hiphop that doesnt even make money?

peace.......we will make it back, it will just take some time.

Mr_Black

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
well lets see rap sucks, why cause it seems it spills materilsm and is now considerd a commerical art form, the hip hop today Commericaly has a absence of skill and true talent that you would have seen in 1994 and before and even theones with the talent are water downing there material so they can sell a record, so yeah hip hop does suck, and yes I can bitch about it cause its the truth, and yes I will and yes, Hopefully others will be more vocal about it cause I if i was to not be vocal about it nothing would get done and you know damn well I or anyone who truly loves the art would let that happen Im 19 years old btw K O

ill o.g.
this website is all about voicing your opinions on shit. I hate mainstream shit and i don't listen to it I don't give a fuck how rich they are how pretty the mouths they get head from are.. hella the music is terrible all that other shit doesn't matter.. and i get annoyed with the complainin too but hey Your complaining yourself about the complaners soo yeah thats life.. Just like you said if u don't like the music don't listen to it.. if u don't like the complainers don't listen to them!

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
im 24 alot of hip hop sucks right now and thats been the case for a long time.

There is nothing wrong with having a good time meeting girls but that aint all life is about, hip hop has the ability to reach more people and cover more topics than mtv displays so lets not limit the artform by focusing on blinging.

I was in a lil bar in liverpool and they played some pharcyde shit from 95 produced by jay dee, (cant keep running away) and i almost cried at how profound that soung seemed in light of the current state of hip hop.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Originally posted by SpLitPerSonaliT
this website is all about voicing your opinions on shit. I hate mainstream shit and i don't listen to it I don't give a fuck how rich they are how pretty the mouths they get head from are.. hella the music is terrible all that other shit doesn't matter.. and i get annoyed with the complainin too but hey Your complaining yourself about the complaners soo yeah thats life.. Just like you said if u don't like the music don't listen to it.. if u don't like the complainers don't listen to them!

Shut your mouth and stop tring to start shit

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Make a Change not a Complaint

Hip Hop has always had shit that sucks even back in the late 80's and early 90's. People act like back then, Hip Hop was this perfect art form and now all there is out there is garbage. But the truth is this, Hip Hop will go in to a shit hole if McDonalds and Burger King continue to rap about special sauce's and if they start having 50 Cent dolls and Nelly Cartoons. Hip Hop has gotten commercial but I look at it like this. If it didn't get this commercial you wouldn't have sites like IllMuzik ..... there wouldn't be a lot of money involved. A lot of young kids now say I want to be a rapper or a producer when I grow up. That thought never came across my mind. I've been doing this for over 10 years before being a producer/Hip Hop was a Fad. People have said that Hip Hop "hasn't got the respect it deserves"...... "Its not real music" ...... But now that it has gotten recognized it seems like people still complain. Its one of the biggest music genre's and makes the most money ..... I suggest people get with it. Learn about it ... if you want shit like Nas' Illmatic to come out now thats not going to happen. Hip Hop is different now... that shit is played. If you don't like it too bad ..... I live in the bay area and all I hear is that same old played out bay area rap -----(WACK!)----(rapping over tinker toy beats and about being on the block)(Be original) .........moving on.......... how come its so hard for people to reinvent themselves? Times change you can't go back the younger generation has more of a say so. just like we did when we were the younger generation. It sounds like most people have closed minds and are not willing to give anything new a chance. But I'll be the first to say that some of the shit thats out right now is WACK but if thats whats hot ....... I gotta take it and make my own twist to it and make it better. I want this to be my career ...... I'm not living in the past I live for the future and while ya'll bitchin and complaining I'll be the one thats making money and moving forward ..... because every minute you spend complaining thats time I'm putting in to making Hip Hop better. I want to make a change not a COMPLAINT.

members online