Ardour for $1

• beat this! voting starts in...

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
For those on linux have probably been aware of Ardour, but its now officialy been released and is no longer free... Its costs a whole buck and its making its way to osx aswell.

Ardour is not limited, you can run as many audio, midi and routing as long as your system can run it and comes with a set of native plugins that seem to look alright but also runs vst and au.
I personaly dont think it stands up against daws that are predominantly being used on osx but then again, Ardour has less experience into their development so (afaik) theres no chopshop or stretching.

http://ardour.org/

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Fuck that, now they're charging? J/k. That's good though, I've messed with it a bit in the past but never used it full-on. It's good that the project is still going though.

Have you used it a lot?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Naw, only used linux at work some years ago for something entirely different, im running osx just for logic and win7 for FL. Like said, its somewhat limited but seems perfect just for tracking/mixing on budget linux system and onto that, linux is a good os for performance.

Logic is our main daw and our backup daw has been reaper when logic seems to be problematic for some jobs, but this is something to look out for since theyre also still heavy in development. So ill give it a go when it hits osx.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I'm thinking of trying it out again and see how it's improved since last time I used it a few years back. It's true though, since Linux is a solid OS, it would be nice to see it used in actual studios.