anyone use the akai mpd24 or 16 wit fl?

micv30

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
is it easier to use with fl? i was thinking of getting one of them. guess just to get the feel of the pads or was thinking of getting the M-Audio Axiom 25 25-Key USB MIDI Controller. but with the m-audio can i use the pads for the fpc? just trying to make a decision on which to get.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
is it easier to use with fl? i was thinking of getting one of them. guess just to get the feel of the pads or was thinking of getting the M-Audio Axiom 25 25-Key USB MIDI Controller. but with the m-audio can i use the pads for the fpc? just trying to make a decision on which to get.

I know it's easier said than done, but eventually get both. I use my keyboard just as much as my trigger finger. (I know it's not a MPD, but similar) You can't go wrong by buying either one of them first. I'd prolly get the 25-keyboard first.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
if i'm correct we already had some topics about this, just check your search option.

besides that ive been thinking about it too in the past, but now i am think about the mpk49,,
2 friends of mine ordered it but it still isnt in, akai is fuckin up for real with its service...
so im just going to wait till its in with my friends and then order one myself...

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
just curious, how is it a pain in the ass? My MPD16 worked without any problems or configuration. I just open up FPC and it works.

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
My MPD 16 works flawlessly with FL, FL even made an instructional video about using it with the FPC. Its posted around here somewhere.

Do you have a keyboard already? if not get some keys before pads, having keys will help you progress further. Pads are pretty limited, all you can do is trigger sounds. You won't be able to put together chords and stuff. Even if you sample its good to have a little knowledge when it comes to theory and playing music. Helps you understand the structure of the songs your sampling.

~NW~

z0n3d0u7

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
May i suggest an Axiom25? Key's, pads, And knobs.. wat more u want for $179?

My MPD syncd up with FL6 fine after i installed the software from Akias website.

but it doesnt work with my Vista equiped laptop, so im gonna order me an Axiom