UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
This guy is from a whole other planet, I swear to God.

Speaking of which... Would KRS be the Jesus of Hip-Hop?

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
KRS is my ALL TIME favorite MC... and im not gonna dismiss nothin he says or do... i remember back in the 80s when he would talk about havin Hip Hop taught in high schools and colleges (yep, he was the 1st to talk about that), and i thought his ass was crazy... 20 yrs later, they got college classes on Tupac and BIG, DJ schools and Hip Hop dance, just to name a few things created bcuz of the culture... ur always weird when no one else is doin it... i guess my grandkids will see in 100 yrs... im gettin the book.

i dunno... i just felt like postin this:

da relic

Im a real big fan of KRS, probably the pioneer of educational rap music, but I think talking of new religion is taking things too far.
I mean to be fair, KRS talks "Stop The Violence" but then throws PM Dawn of a stage?
Religion has caused enough problems in the world without adding fuel to the fire.

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
Im a real big fan of KRS, probably the pioneer of educational rap music, but I think talking of new religion is taking things too far.
I mean to be fair, KRS talks "Stop The Violence" but then throws PM Dawn of a stage?
Organized religion has caused enough problems in the world without adding fuel to the fire.
I agree completely.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Some of you in here seem biased to the idea. He is not making a "GOD" religion that you see everywhere else. This is more of a spiritual awaking religion or group that he is putting together. I say let it run its course just like anything else in the world. If it fails it fails.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
failure depends on what the target is... if its God, he's gonna be in for a fight no doubt... if its just knowing who you are, whats your purpose in life, how can you better your life and the people around you etc, etc, then there are millions of those out here with plenty of members... He's already got the Temple of Hip Hop... and lots of followers and fans.

da relic

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Organized religion isn't the cause of all the chaos in the world. If anything, it's one of the few things keeping us from eating each other.

Organized religion isn't the cause of all the chaos in the world. If anything, it's one of the few things keeping us from eating each other.

Not all of it,just most it. Money and power being the other 2 big causes of death and destruction.
LMAO @ thinking religion is what keeps us from eating each other.
How did the human race ever get so far. Im surprised we didnt eat each other into extinction a long time ago.
As for cannibalism, that is caused by another religion, a belief that the soul of the eaten is consumed by the eater making the eater consume the wisdom of the eaten.
Dont believe the bullshit that its religion that civilised the world, thats not true.
If it was then the Taliban would be civilised.
The ability to read and write and do mathematics and science along with philosiphy civilised the world.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
As for cannibalism, that is caused by another religion, a belief that the soul of the eaten is consumed by the eater making the eater consume the wisdom of the eaten.
. .

You mean its not????

Funny how many Atheists are in Europe, or at least funny how many I have met on the net..
Funny in the way that Euro's were the driving force in spreading religion even by force through out the world.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
The ability to read and write and do mathematics and science along with philosiphy civilised the world.
i was just to bout to ask the question... " doesnt the human brain have anything to do with ANYTHING?" how bout the abilty to love and feel compassion? but Manji is correct... people need certain things in their life just to be sane and stay outta trouble... for me, its been music, sports and video games for years... and now, its my job and kids... if it wasnt for that, i mightve done alot of crazy shit that wouldve gotten me locked up... for others, its religion, whether its an very old religion, or something very new... im very religious about Hip Hop... im pretty sure alot of the guys here are too, even though you wont use the term "religious".

da relic

people need certain things in their life just to be sane and stay outta trouble..

da relic

I agree with that.
I wouldnt say I was religious about music, obsessive maybe, and fanatical, but religious no.
Also, im no athiest, I have my own belief system and moral base. I just dont agree with god being used to justify domination and destruction.
I have no issue with the ten commandments, they are a good moral guide but even with those the blind followers of religion still follow a meniacal leader who tells them to kill in the name of god, even though its clearly stated "Thou Shalt Not Kill"
Religious leaders just like any other leaders are open to corruption and can easily be tainted by the position of power they hold. I just dont trust leaders, because I have a small understanding of how human nature works.
Im not anti god, Im anti mankind.
But with that said, we all need our belief systems just so that we dont fear death, a belief that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and something to achieve.
I just had issue with religion being named as the cause for civilisation, which is just wrong.
Technology breeds civilisation, nothing else.

members online

No members online now.