Anybody produce full-time?

M

MaddMac101

Just wondering if anyone here produces music for their full-time job. Do you make enough money to live your life while just producing? Or is there anyone where producing comes first, but maybe have a part-time job?

Also, maybe add if you went to school for music or not...

TrackKingCole

ill o.g.
Music production is a full time job for me now... but 6 or 7 months ago it wasnt i had a regular 9 to 5... But as of late ive been getting production credits and getting placements on a few underground hiphop albums and ive been doing pretty good... So now im a full time producer...

If you put ya mind to it and get out and meet people in the industry you can do what you want... just believe in ya music, because if you dont neither will anyone else

Peace

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I would say I'm full time. Not getting any cheddar for it just yet, but I'm not concerned with that. I got some monetary irons in the fire on the production tip. I make ends meet with my detail bizness and my wifey is nice with the RN checks ya dig! I will say this...u can't really do this shit if 3/4 of your time is not put into it. I just hate I figured that out at this stage in my life. I could have made so many more moves earlier if I had step'd out on faith like I'm doing this time around. It's easy to fall off when your mind is distracted by worldly things, so to speak. I'm doing something to further my music career at least 75% of the day on average now.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
its all i do, i get paid to be myself. not the kinda money i would like to see, but money does not rule my world. as for the schooling, haha i was going to attend full sail in orlando, i went down there and checked everything out. i had a few friends enrolled, so i kicked it there for about 6 months. i decided not to goto school and spent all my money on equipment. came back home and the story continues!

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
not yet ... inching closer bit by bit... over the last few months i have been throwin cautiion to the wind and putting myself and my music out there and its payin off... i switched up my whole business techiniques and ive seen more activity for me these past two months thna i have seen in the past two years. If i was still upstate i could prolly sustain myself on music but here in nyc it takes paper to live decent lol... im getting prepared to make that move fo sho ... icant wait for that day... if it was just me by myself in the crib i mightve tried it already but i got wifey that i gotta take care of and nyc rent aint cheap...

jawanza malik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
If I Didin't Have A Legal Job How Would I Pay My Electric Bill So I Could Make Some Beats. Im Not No Drug Dealer Or Don't Hustle Women So, I Gotta Do Da Legal Thing. 2 Make Da Part Time Thing Go. Check Out My New Heaters

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Like being on Ill LOL!
No dis Im here too!

The windows open..but I'm not always at home! I know how 2 multitask(lol)...not to mention I hardly ever sleep so I get 'er done. ILL is always an open window on my monitor though..I'll admit that. ILL and Reason are open like Krystals at my house....lmbao

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Ash Holmz; said:
not yet ... inching closer bit by bit... over the last few months i have been throwin cautiion to the wind and putting myself and my music out there and its payin off... i switched up my whole business techiniques and ive seen more activity for me these past two months thna i have seen in the past two years. If i was still upstate i could prolly sustain myself on music but here in nyc it takes paper to live decent lol... im getting prepared to make that move fo sho ... icant wait for that day... if it was just me by myself in the crib i mightve tried it already but i got wifey that i gotta take care of and nyc rent aint cheap...

Honestly though , does it pay to throw caution to the wind and just be like "fuck it , if they steal it they take it" and just throw shit out there?
One of my main probs is over cautiousness..I respect the answer there Ash..

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Im Full Time. I been doing alot of work for local acts. ANd i have 2 managers on board.

so its looking good. Hopefully by spring ill have some major credits under my belt.

and ill get into some investments and real estate

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
I'm doing it part time so I'm still grinding until I can get myself in a situation. Godwilling I'll be able to say to hell with my 9 to 5 around this time next year. but until then I gotta keep grinding.

Frictionbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 51
I do both, but lateley I've been so busy makin beats that im gonna be full-time real soon.

Doing both is a real pain in the ass...and has made me a Insomniac.. but I've already landed work with Upstairs Records Inc, NEXT, SHA MONEY XL, hung out in the studio with Kay Gee(Naughty by Nature), & Jazee Pha.

Recently I've been laying down tracks with Aftermaths Che Vicious who is one of Dre's main dudes, so I know good placements are coming. And now that he just moved to my state, we'll hopefully being doing a lot more work. Che is a talented cat and has been in the shadows for a minute, but you will soon be hearing more about him; if you dont already know.... All them Dre Drums and Sounds...Che vicious is that dude. So far we worked with a dope female artist signed on Interscope named LANZ. The chic is pretty Dope! check her out.

Anyways Fellas, stay focused, and stay on that Grind, & Be ready...

Frictionbeats BKA Tony Talkbox

Blue77

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
This should be the #1 topic for everybody on here, unless your'e just starting.What I wanna know is , who has a full time job ,wife & kids and does it full time ?

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
This should be the #1 topic for everybody on here, unless your'e just starting.What I wanna know is , who has a full time job ,wife & kids and does it full time ?

Right now, im married and work part time...

When The Burrell Brothers finish their studio here, ill drop the job and the wife (JK)

naw, but ill be working FULL time making FULL time x2 when that goes down

so im sitting tight until then...

members online