Any Feedback Appreciated (It's short on purpose, please ignore the length)

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
I bet you tell all the girls that
Okay, I have a second version. I will post in a moment. I stuck with the piano throughout w/o changing the melody. I still need feedback on which sounds better to the trained ear.

Last edited:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
bruh @Fury Beats hard to choose... at firs ti was gonna say prefer the original.

I kinda like the last part of the second tho. That weird piano vibe. Not the first piano bit. I feel all '3' have a different vibe. completely.

1 - snare I'm a bit uncomfortable with, dunno if it needs to be quieter (not because of its level, but because of the resonanty 'boopf' of it),

2 - i think that piano needs to either degrade/bandpass, and fall into the background a bit. It's too smooth for the grittiness of the drums i feel

3 - definitely think this vibe is my favorite of the '3'
(3 refers to the second half of version 2 btw)

Also note, i really like how the kick drum, tho ain't so present, this weight underneath it just thumps through. What did you do to get your kick to hit like this? or is it the kick sampe itself?

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
@Iron Keys Thanks for the feedback.
I'll work on it more and repost.
As for the Piano, maybe I should get a Piano VST or something to have more control over the Piano sounds since I don't have ones that I like
It's a Break Drum Beat Sample so not too much control over the kick or snare unless I EQ the entire thing or Isolate the sounds. I might have the kick and snare isolated but would have to look for it.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I would stick with #1 because it sounds really gutter like not only would Kool Keith spit on it but so would a homeless guy because why not?

Very crusty beat. But it's one of those beats that would be great with vocals on it.

If this was hotornot.com from years ago, 8/10 would smash.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
bruh @Fury Beats hard to choose... at firs ti was gonna say prefer the original.

I kinda like the last part of the second tho. That weird piano vibe. Not the first piano bit. I feel all '3' have a different vibe. completely.

1 - snare I'm a bit uncomfortable with, dunno if it needs to be quieter (not because of its level, but because of the resonanty 'boopf' of it),

2 - i think that piano needs to either degrade/bandpass, and fall into the background a bit. It's too smooth for the grittiness of the drums i feel

3 - definitely think this vibe is my favorite of the '3'
(3 refers to the second half of version 2 btw)

Also note, i really like how the kick drum, tho ain't so present, this weight underneath it just thumps through. What did you do to get your kick to hit like this? or is it the kick sampe itself?

Based on your expert feedback. This is what I came up with. Enjoy!

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
I would stick with #1 because it sounds really gutter like not only would Kool Keith spit on it but so would a homeless guy because why not?

Very crusty beat. But it's one of those beats that would be great with vocals on it.

If this was hotornot.com from years ago, 8/10 would smash.
Okay, I'mma stick with #1 based on the sage @Fade's feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fury Beats

Fury Beats

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
As far as the beat goes @Fury Beats, first version is the best in my opinion. However, if you were to include the piano part from the 30s mark on from version2, that would be ill. Its a solid and grimey gutta type beat, but that piano sample goes nice. Incorporate that into the first version. The other sample snippets are cool, but in my honest opinion, dont really fit. Everything else is solid to me.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
As far as the beat goes @Fury Beats, first version is the best in my opinion. However, if you were to include the piano part from the 30s mark on from version2, that would be ill. Its a solid and grimey gutta type beat, but that piano sample goes nice. Incorporate that into the first version. The other sample snippets are cool, but in my honest opinion, dont really fit. Everything else is solid to me.
I agree with the beat feedback. Thank you @Mike Chief

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
I agree with the VIP solution and the beat feedback. Thank you @Mike Chief
Seems like too much is goin on when I add more to it. Sometimes, less is more in my opinion. After awhile, it just gets too busy with too much going on.

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Seems like too much is goin on when I add more to it. Sometimes, less is more in my opinion. After awhile, it just gets too busy with too much going on.
I feel you on that. Experiment with lowering levels of certain sounds and panning them - it can often be a competition of space and frequency. But also, if youre going for a beat that you feel someone may spit on, keep it simple/leave room so the artist has a chance to shine. If youre making it for you, to convey a feeling or emotion, do whatever the fuck. Just my 2 cents on that.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
I feel you on that. Experiment with lowering levels of certain sounds and panning them - it can often be a competition of space and frequency. But also, if youre going for a beat that you feel someone may spit on, keep it simple/leave room so the artist has a chance to shine. If youre making it for you, to convey a feeling or emotion, do whatever the fuck. Just my 2 cents on that.
No doubt. For sure.

members online