Any EXS24 Sampler users here??

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey Illmuzik fam,

Im having difficulties trying to figure out how to use this sampler.(For Logic Pro 8)
I've read the manual and Im still not getting how I could:

a) Take a wav,aiff or mp3 sampler and spread it across the keys of of midi controller (Keymapp it) so that I can create sampler instruments.

I have been on the "Sampler instruments" page of the manual for so long that my eyes are buggin out of my head.

Could anyone please help me figure this one out.

Thanx

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I have a Quicktime Tutorial that you could watch but that file is hella large. Too large for a download. I can burn you a copy and send it to you but that's your call.

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Hey Illmuzik fam,

Im having difficulties trying to figure out how to use this sampler.(For Logic Pro 8)
I've read the manual and Im still not getting how I could:

a) Take a wav,aiff or mp3 sampler and spread it across the keys of of midi controller (Keymapp it) so that I can create sampler instruments.

I have been on the "Sampler instruments" page of the manual for so long that my eyes are buggin out of my head.

Could anyone please help me figure this one out.

Thanx

1. Open up the EXS24 and click on the EDIT button on the right (next to the instrument name)
2. Click the ZONE dropdown and choose "Load Multiple Samples".
3. Load all of the samples that you want, and click DONE.
4. On the next screen choose how you want to map your samples...I usually use "Auto Map" because i want to be able to play different octaves as opposed to just mapping the samples to different keys on your controller, but then again, I'm using "one-shots." Click OK.
5. Click on the INSTRUMENT dropdown, and choose the "Save As" option.
6. Pick a place to save your new instrument and VOILA!

ill o.g.
1. Open up the EXS24 and click on the EDIT button on the right (next to the instrument name)
2. Click the ZONE dropdown and choose "Load Multiple Samples".
3. Load all of the samples that you want, and click DONE.
4. On the next screen choose how you want to map your samples...I usually use "Auto Map" because i want to be able to play different octaves as opposed to just mapping the samples to different keys on your controller, but then again, I'm using "one-shots." Click OK.
5. Click on the INSTRUMENT dropdown, and choose the "Save As" option.
6. Pick a place to save your new instrument and VOILA!

This is the way I have been doing it and it seems to work fine.

dbit

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I just posted something similar in another logic thread, but I'm wondering if there's a streamlined way for chopping a sample and exporting it to the ESX24?

In logic I can take a single audio file/sample, and make multiple regions out of it but I can't find out where to convert these regions into separate audio files and transfer them to the ESX24. I was thinking there should be some streamlined way of doing this process?

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo anyway I can get a copy of that quicktime tutorial on logic pro sampling? Holla at me homie ill pay postage if need be.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I just posted something similar in another logic thread, but I'm wondering if there's a streamlined way for chopping a sample and exporting it to the ESX24?

In logic I can take a single audio file/sample, and make multiple regions out of it but I can't find out where to convert these regions into separate audio files and transfer them to the ESX24. I was thinking there should be some streamlined way of doing this process?

that's just the easiest thing, cut up an object on an audio track, select them all, open the exs24 editor and drag the selection in there.

C

Chaotic Legacy

Finnigan got it right.. Thats the way I've been doing it.

elementsrtyte

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yepp, and just check out this video with just blaze and logic.. he actually does a tutorial on chopping with logic. do a search for it.. there's a pretty good quality one on vimeo. let me know if you can't find it and need the link.

but what these guys are saying is true. just click edit in the exs sampler (its kinda hidden in the top right) and then when you drag your samples in, there should be a popup window that asks how you want to spread your samples out. its by far the easiest method i've seen