???another Pro Tools Question???

tHe aBicUs

ill o.g.
I HAVE PRO TOOLS DIGI 001 AND I WAS WONDERING, HOW THE HELL DO I ECHO??? WHEN I TRY, I GET THIS WILD ECHO AND A EMPTY GAP OF SOUND. SO IF ANYONE COULD GIVE ME A STEP BY STEP I WOULD DEEPLY APPRECIATE IT. THANKS!

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Are you talking about an FX echo, and why you can't manipulate the FX properly. Or are you saying that there is an echo to any sound you use when you are using ProTools.

You have to be more descriptive in what exactly is happening. Digidesign FX are relatively easy to manipulate.

Sincerely,
God

tHe aBicUs

ill o.g.
TO BE HONEST I DIDN'T KNOW THEY HAD A FX ECHO PLUG-IN, I THOUGHT YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO USE THE SLAP DELAY?? DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD THAT PLUG-IN? THANKS!

light

Producer
ill o.g.
for echo you could try a slap delay with some reverb.

sometimes what ill do is copy the part that i want to put echo on and paste it on a different track (usually right below it so its easyer to relate to) then slide the piece so it occurs a few moments after. then go to the mix window and lower the volume slightly so the echo is softer. then you can add reverb or whatever. you can do this several times for a repeated echo. or you can do it without using another track by pasting the part after it occurs on the same track. and use increasing negitive gain on each echo to give that fading away echo sound.

Just a suggestion, i would do all the echo and that kind of thing at the end of your process. unless your flippin samples or somthin like that. that kinda thing is usually done in the mixing process.

members online