Another official Kanye West thread

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
We Can Make It Better by Kanye

Anyone heard this song? Maybe this has already been discussed, but I just heard it today!! FUCING ILL!! It's got Talib Kweli, Q-Tip, and Common on it. Aparently it was only on the Japanese release of Late Registration. Here's my question.

Kanye, what the fuck were you thinking leaving this song off the North American release?!?!?! Have you gone mad??? I know a hit when I hear one, and this is a hit record! Personally after listning, I think it's better than every song on Late Registration!

PEACE

oh and BTW, there is another song that was only released on the Japanese version called Back To The Basics feat. Common. It's not as good as We Can Make It Better, but good nevertheless.

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
The whiteboy feud/ Kanye-Late Registration

What ever happened to that preview track that blew up all over the mixtape scene with Kanye and John Mayer. The track was called "Bittersweet" Overall, it sounded like a great track except for Mayers chorous. The beat was ridicoulosly ILL!!! The preview of the song said that it was going to be a single on Kanye's latest project- Late Registration.

Well, I waited for Registration to drop and what do I see, no Bittersweet with John Mayer, but a song called "Heard em Say" with Adam from the band Maroon 5, which is actually not a bad band. This beat is very hard as well, but I really was anticipatin that Bittersweet shit.

Basically, what I think is that Kanye knew he wanted to do a track with a nice, white, pop singer. He did the bittersweet track with mayer first, but then he also did the track with Adam and chose the best out of the two. Mayer just got the shaft. Tell me what you think, or if you know where I can find the full version of the song holla back!

Peace,
Cincinnatti, OH.

T

The Bastard

that could be whut happened, if so im glad cuz john mayor sucks

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
lol. maybe he went with the one that spewed the message he watned while being just commecial enough to catch on to popular america

L. Soul

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sanova said:
lol. maybe he went with the one that spewed the message he watned while being just commecial enough to catch on to popular america

Thats what I think is more likely. He liked that message better and it was enough to catch radio

hollaatroy

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Kanye is just the dude that everyone loves to hate now b/c he is POPular. I seen it happen with BIG. I seen it happen with Jay. And on down the line. To say Late Reg is a bad product shows a true lack of good music sense. I know I'll hear the whole "it's just my opinion" speech, and I do respect opinions. But somewhere in the world there are people who have the opinion that candy isn't sweet and shit don't stink. Becareful, your opionion can also be a reflection of your ignorance. Just break down Late Reg. It has overall good messages, touches on currect events across all cultures, creative sampling, and good lyrics. I mean, hate the dude b/c he is arrogant. Hate him b/c he is popular. Hate him b/c you tired of hearing his shit on the radio all day. Just be honest about you hating. But don't say you hate him cause his music sucks. BIG called himself king of NY, Jay was quoted as being the "best rapper alive", and people are dissin' Kanye b/c he thought he had the song of the year. Looks like y'all searching for shit to hate on, and are getting desperate. Sometimes that back-pack rapper/ b-boy mentality can cloud your judgement. And oh yeah, that's just my opinion!

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
Kanye - mission impossible theme

Anyone heard this track yet? I'm a little confused by it. I was under the impression he was re-doing the Theme song for MI3. Regardless, I'm dissapointed.

To be honest, the track is pretty good. I like the percussion he used and a lot of other elements. A lot of live electric guitar and other things like that, BUT, when you attach the MI3 name to it, it's a complete let down. I was expecting some epic Diamonds From Sierra Leone styled track, to go with that MI3 vibe, but this shit is pure, happy "kanye-club" shit. It features Twista and Keyshia Cole. Twista's talking about sippin on Hen and Gin (so cliche nowadays), and Keyshia's hook makes NO SENSE to me at all!! Look at the lyrics...

"I've been waiting my life/
and I stayed on my grind/
now I made up my mind/
it's been way too much time/
just why, it's Impossible!"

WTF does that mean?

honestly, I would LOVE this track if I thought it was just a track for Kanye's album or something like that, but I have no idea how this fits into MI3. Maybe after Tom Cruise saves the world this is the happy song they play at the end? Then it shows Tom Cruise up in the club with a bunch of rappers sippin on Hennessey? LAME!!

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
djswivel said:
now I made up my mind/

WTF does that mean?

He's been on the grind his whole life . . . now he's made up his mind . . . he's wasted way to much time . . . because what ever he is trying to do is impossible ? Just my crack at it . . .

I personally did not like the song . . . I don't think it's the MI3 track it just happens to be named "Impossible" . . . It sounded like a typical Kanye & Twista track, slow and smoove with twista spitten fast to it . . . Nothing new instanly reminded me of Overnight Celebrity . . .

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
Well, unless it's a leak of some random shit, that is defaintely the MI3 track...the movie is coming out soon, and the soundtrack will be released soon...they're shooting a video for it and everything. So it makes sense for the song to come out around this time....Maybe I'll have to see it in the movie to understand what sort of scenes it's going to accompany...Maybe they will pull it off, but from first listen, its doesnt encompass the mission impossible series to me

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
djswivel said:
now I made up my mind/

WTF does that mean?

I have no idea how this fits into MI3. Maybe after Tom Cruise saves the world this is the happy song they play at the end? Then it shows Tom Cruise up in the club with a bunch of rappers sippin on Hennessey? LAME!!

LMAO......... The way Tom Cruise has been acting I wouldn't be suprised.

T

The Bastard

this thread will undoubtably be moved to the official kanye thread, but anyways, i havent heard it yet. but if kanye made it, it cant be wack, i know that for sure

members online