All The Breaks CD

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
tommyill said:
the track list is right there on the site.

I've had the CD for quite a while now and my dumb ass just noticed that the tracklist comes with the CD. Open the book and look at the opening on the left side of the book. It dropped right out into my hands - all of the songs with explanations on how to use the CD and why the songs are put on there the way that they are...go figure.

djryval

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i just copped it, we'll see how it turns out. there is one break on there i really needed for a beat i made because i only have a low quality version of the break and can't find the vinyl.

Methodz

ill o.g.
Chances are, they're all the EASY known breaks anyways... Rainmaker/Funky Drummer/Apache .etc...

Heads still finding new and untapped breaks know where it's at.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
those EASY breaks tho...its all about reeducating the masses, half these new kids 15/16/17 wont have even heard of the above mentioned breaks, let alone know what they sound like....

Methodz

ill o.g.
That's all good, I'm just dropping from what samples I heard on the site...Just simply saying nothing new.

Infact, I encourage younger heads to get involved with this break shit too. (Though I'm not exactly an OLD head...My fingers do get dirty on a regular basis.)

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I got all the old breaks old school on Vinyl.....they been on ice for a minute but breaks never go out of style if you know how to use them....but here my spin most of the time the breaks you get on them CD's are worth it if you dont have time to collect records if you ask me....cause I have a decent collection of records......most of them do not have the breaks that I have on the Break compilations so sometimes I would rather not spend five hours on Saturday looking for breaks and shopping vinyl....its all on your motivation and time you have.

Rob Kelly

ill o.g.
someone shouldn't be making money off of makin that cd. They dont have copyright on that shit or anything. None of the artists will see any of that money, right?

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I dig all the time and I don't waste my time buying records I know everyone else and their mama's illegitimate sons have.

This allows me to get those breaks without wasting the time digging.

Plus, for my own pleasure I do a lot of remixing using the same samples of the original songs just flipped another way (its like an exercise).

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
ManDAmyth said:
I dig all the time and I don't waste my time buying records I know everyone else and their mama's illegitimate sons have.

This allows me to get those breaks without wasting the time digging.

wtf are you talking about son, digging is the heart and sole of hiphop, "wasting the time digging..."

tut tut

djryval

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i dig but i don't have too much more room in my small house. i have 4 crates full now but i got my cd over the weekend and it's really nice. alot of breaks on there that i recognize from my early hip hop days. it will def help as an educational tool and also coming up with some new drums.

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Haze, you misunderstood me.

I'm digging constantly man. I just stay away from buying records that everyone else has. I buy rare joints or things I'm certain nobody else has.

How many producers have all those records that make up the breaks cd???? Almost everyone. So why I'm I going to waste my time picking those up? When there X-million amount of records nobody has flipped yet.

If I had the choice between picking up a record that nobody has and one on that break CD, I'm getting the record nobody has.

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
I got this cd and i love it, i have some of these breaks on vinyl but its nice to have them all right there. as far as them being breaks that are already used, so what. thats what hip-hop is based off of. reusing music. plus you can chop these breaks up, filter them, slow them down or speed them up if you are looking for a diff sound.

Blunt604

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
why dont you do what real producers do and find your own samples by DIGGING IN THE CRATES!!!!! instead of being unoriginal thats whack. espcially when your paying money to be unoriginal sounds like a waste of time and a waste of money to me.

maddogg

A hater since the womb!
ill o.g.
This is a lame debate, do you and be creative end of story you could go on and on..why buy an mpc that aint original? why use drum sounds period everybody uses them? because its not what you use but how you use it. If you want some classic hiphop drum breaks get this cd chop em layer em strech em reverse em whatever you think is hot..

Jay

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
The people that will buy this CD will most likely be the same people buying the Dusty Fingers records. For young starting producers who think they can make 50k on a track their first time out this is a dream. I will admit I have probably two Dusty Fingers records and they are great for sampling little bits and expanding your collection but for me I need to dig. Its the only way anybodys gonna make anything different.I would only buy tis CD if the entire original track was on it and I could listen to the whole thing. For producers who are looking to expand their sample collection really quick and not have the feeling of stumbling upon a rare and kick ass sample in a dusty humid shop then by all means buy it but for the real beat diggers I guess its a step back in this digital age.

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I dig and I also buy sample cd's. I think this cd is great. I plan to chop the sounds up in my mv and use the drums. To the person that said real producers only dig for there sounds is full of it cause why is it I keep seeing these so called producers using keyboards. I guest they dig in the crates for motif es right! Some of yall need to get yall head out ya azz. I mean who are any of yall to say what is right or wrong. How can yall put rules on my creativity. I don't care what has or been use. Is it my fault I was born in the 80's compare to sombody who what born in the 60's or 70's. Yall all are a trip.

members online