all of you that has not made it in music should read this

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I thought that the thread that spawned all this nonsense was simply about the overwhelming amount of producer shout-outs in songs today????.....Did i jump the gun and read it wrong, or did it just morph into some bullshit as usual??, Cuz i made my comment directed only at the name-ads that are a staple in alota mainstream hiphop now - relating to Jazzy of course.....Hmm, whatever, im lost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K, i jus went back and read it....I guess homie also doesnt really like his music, but he only said that in so many words and it seems like everyone focused on that rather then the part about the prod shouts.....Shit, either way - I guess it was a pretty useless post and it obviously went no where.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's just overall everyone needs to relax. Let's say I post about how much I like Mobb Deep's Infamous album from the 90's, and give a quick review of it. The thread would slowly turn into how their music sucks today and they'll never have the same magic they had on the Infamous album. Then it will be about how synths are becoming more popular and sampling is decreasing. A few guys will step in and talk about how they can do both. Next thing you know someone says "re-read my post, you don't understand". Yada yada yada.

See?

My advice to everyone is: if you don't have something good to say, don't. You have your right to your opinion, but if your opinion will help turn a good thread (or not so good thread) into something very stupid and it gets closed, then I'd rather you not post in that thread, simple as that.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Yes that Jazzy THread Turned Sour Quick

I just got a Chance to Read some More of the Post's Makes Me laugh when Im Hearing these people talkin bout Selling out or How this guy sucks that guy Sucks Cuz So an So did a Track for Britney or Christiana Watsup with those type of Comments FUck atleast these people are Talented enough to Branch Out to Different Genres of Music and for that they Get called Sellouts Thats a Low Blow right there .

Some Yall its about Time U get off the Subway (figure it out ) and Learn 2 Appreciate more then just 1 Element of wat I think Most of us all Love

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
This was my first time reading the thread. That was real. Inner City made a good point. The debate is stupid. I learn that if you gonna make Hip-Hop music you have to adjust to changes it goes through from orginality to sampling. You have to be a well rounded producer. I had a thread back in March on the same bullshit and now I sample like 40% of the time. I added it to my resume. If you look at every producer in the industry, they either loop, sample, or both from time to time, and they rich as fuck. If we want to succeed in this music biz, we better let HIP HOP take us by the hand and lead us where ever it goes. :shoot:

Ado

The Rappin' Dead
ill o.g.
We gotta start seein music as music. Sample or not, It's gotta be from and for the soul. Even if the creator doesn't dig it and a few people don't like it, it DOES mean something to someone else.

For real...

members online