Akai MPC 2500 or Roland Fantom X6?

deanero

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Ok.. I have about $2400 to spend... I'm really looking to get some hot new sounds! And I really want a keyboard because I know how to read music and play piano. Now I use FL Studio to make all my beats. But I feel the MPC 2500 too... What should I buy first? X6 or 2500? I'm leaning towards the fantom, but will it still sound hot if I do my drums in FL?

~D

deanero

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
no doubt... Will the fantom bring my sounds to a whole new level? I just really wanna work my beats hard and get the quality up... I like making stuff from scratch, but I feel like the Akai will give me some nice drum feels too...

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Look the mpc doesnt have any sounds first of all...
You have to get sounds into it, thus you have to sample sounds you want or buy them or join our secret society of VIP's and see what pops up..
Just so you know its a sampler, the stock sounds in it suck..
The machine itself puts out good sound though.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I had 3 mpc's (2000, 3000 and 1000) now using mv8000 owned and used 2 of rolands workstation samplers over a period or a year or 2 ; the fantom X, fantom S and the rack at one time, I am torn between getting a 2500 only for the sequencing accuracy I go back and listen to some tracks done on the mpc, and I mean this is something only from the drummers perspective (making patterns just like a drum break or playing drum rudiments out manually) i can play a hi hat pattern exactly how I want it to sound and comes out that way or i can play a nice kick snare pattern one time about 99% of the time and it plays back exactly as I recorded it whereas on the rolands(all of them) there is a klunkiness or even skipping/drift in some cases you have to try and input the pattern 2 or sometimes 3 or more times or go into the grid itself and correct it manually(almost what you might do using reason or fruity loops sequencer)....that to me is the advantage my akai boxes have over the roland(fantom and mv sequencer) don't get me wrong the mv is dope.....rolands sequencers are not on par with akai that's just my experience, if i were you get the 2500 and then you can either get samples or like Classic said a sound module, even with my keys I would rather sample them to the sampler anyhow unless I really want to play out something lengthy.

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
to be honest u need to stop askin so many questions relying on us, get on down to your local music store and try the stuff out youself.... Learn the specs, see what fits your tastes....

u right he gotta get according to wat hes used to we all use different thingsdont buy the wrong one n u not comfortable

*~Snaelro Wen~*

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
fantom x6 all the way.....you get track mute and sequencer, a powerful synthesizer, and a midi controller in one unit. im not sure of its samplers ease of use, but im sure it gets the job done. The 2500 is more of a sampler, sequencer and midi controller. (Though I hate the sample edit verses the 2000XL, but thats a post on its own lol!)

But yea, all-in-one....Less wires....Amazing sounds....Go With The Fantom X6!