After a beat is exported to MP3 or Wav, what DB should it be at?

Jut

ill o.g.
I know thats a very broad question but like...

When Im mixin in FL, some of my beats come out loud, some not so loud, EVEN THOUGH, I haave the exact mix I want...

Now If i put the thing in cool edit or somethin, to up the volume, or maybe decrease the volume, WHAT DB should a standard beat be at?

I know a crunk beat is gonna be louder than a rnb song... But hopefully someone can give me sometype of guidline or somethin...

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
Jut said:

When Im mixin in FL, some of my beats come out loud, some not so loud, EVEN THOUGH, I haave the exact mix I want...

Now If i put the thing in cool edit or somethin, to up the volume, or maybe decrease the volume, WHAT DB should a standard beat be at?

I know a crunk beat is gonna be louder than a rnb song... But hopefully someone can give me sometype of guidline or somethin...

I set my limiter for -2db.

E

Equality 7-2521

if youve created the exact mix you want but sometimes its loud and sometimes its soft, adjust the master fader.

if you are mastering your own shit you can leave the finished product as high as -0.1dB, as 0dB is the onset of clipping. If however you are sending your tracks to a mastering engineer, its best to leave atleast 6dB of headroom.

504MusicMan

ill o.g.
Jut said:

Not tru at all!

A crunk beat is NOT louder than a R&B song.

Its in the ear / mind of listener that makes them perceive its louder.

The technique used to "trick" you to beleiving its louder is called Compression.

As far as levels are concern you should make sure all your devices / channels / tracks can reach there maximum level without your MASTER output level indicator reachin 0 db.

Oh yea, just a FYI beyond 0 db is what is called Digital Distortion / Clipping. And that's a no no in the game of mixing records.

One

http://www.dirtysouthbeatz.com
New Orleans #1 Fastest Growing Record Label Since U Know Who!

members online