active(studio)Monitors gettin hot

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Does any 1 use the samson resolve 50a (or above models) studio monitors ?

I just bought a pair a couple weeks ago and I've noticed they get hot kindof quick.
Like after a hour of use the metal plate in the back of each (which is part of the internal amp) gets literaly hot enuff to fry a egg on upon touch.

This doesn't affect the sound but I'm scared to burn em out. I know all equipment gets a lil hot but none I've had gets hot like this. Also my room is not air conditioned and my set up is under a loft bed with not a lot of ventilation.

Does any 1 elses active(studio) monitors (any brand and size) get hot like that ?

C

Copenhagen

Behringer Truth B2031's get hot, but nothing like what you describe...and they are always 'on', meaning they are on auto and turn themselves on when sound passes through them.

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Man, I got the same ones just recently, and they do get hot but not were you cant touch them. I just assume its not a problem cause they are brand new. this my first pair of actives so idont know but all amps get hot so, the amp is built in so!

DJDRAGN9

The Don Gorgon
ill o.g.
wassup fantom long time no speak!! but i got the resolv 65a's and they get a lil hot after several hours of blasting em.but they shouldnt be getting that hot as u describing.you have to remeber since they are active they have a amp in there witch can get get really hot quick! i have several amps that i use to push my dj speakers and i noticed after a while ther heat up really bad and can blow after a certain amount of time.if u keep pushin em like that.just make sure u have them out in a open area where theres enuff ventilation to get air in the speakers so they dont heat up as much and dont push the speakers to hard if u dont need to.try maybe puttin up the volume up a lil more on the mixer an lower down on the monitors a lil so they dont work as hard or if worse comes to worse cop ya a lil fan to cool them down if u need to.hope that helps meng!!! peace mi hermano!

ill o.g.
I was wantin to get some of those for a long time. But i stopped once i saw the price on the Roland DM10's.

Fantom,
Try aimin a fan at the back. Is it both speakers have an amp? Or an amp in one that powers both? Try usin a fan though. My EPS16+ used to always get mad hot, then make me reboot after it was on long enough. But once i got a fan aimed on that shit, it stopped makin me reboot.

Also,
If you decide to put a fan or two on them, keep the fan(s) on all the time. It will get them cooler then usual, so it takes longer to get them as hot as you said.

members online