ACIDPlanet & Others

Erica Johnson

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey guys, what's up? I have a question about beat-jacking! I noticed 4 people downloaded my song off ACIDPlanet and it made me paranoid! How do ya'll feel about posting your music to the world on the net? I mean, I, we, have no choice, we want to spread our music and be heard, but at the same time, the world is HUGE and anyone could take your track and say THEY did it. I am getting all my stuff copywrighter, only $30, so no sweat, but you got to pay legal bills and go through unnecessary crap if anyone decided to rob you.

Also, what is everyone's experience with beat-jacking and also your experience with ACIDPLanet? Is there a way to disable downloads? I really like ACIDPlanet 'cause it is good exposure, but I don't know WHO is downloading my stuff. Not that I have the right to know, but you know.

Help me out here!

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i use soundclick and i click the no free mp3 when u load a track so they cant download my tracks, but when i first registered i didnt do that so i'm sure people have downloaded my tracks, i have never dealt with acidplanet so i dont know, but just copywrite your tracks and if someone does jack your beats, they are fucked! i suggest using something where they cant download your tracks like soundclick, but again i'm sure people will always find ways to jack beats!

O

open mind

even if they jack they cant make shit of it cos fucked up quality u nah i mean?even if they record your streamed track or download your mp3.they cant reach a good wav quality for a master so just dont care of it and make them beats.and yes soundlick is cool tho.

Erica Johnson

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
bigrob said:
even if they jack they cant make shit of it cos fucked up quality u nah i mean?even if they record your streamed track or download your mp3.they cant reach a good wav quality for a master so just dont care of it and make them beats.and yes soundlick is cool tho.
True.

Yea, I'm using Soundclick Grafik, but ooooooo I love me some ACIDPlanet, LOL. Some dope producers are there and get noticed there by a huge population of those in the industry. I've seen it happen before with friends, they get noticed on there and get some nice gigs.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
just got some beats stolen off soundclick, they werent available for download, and the guy got some pretty high quality versions somehow. beware.

but seriously, its not that big a deal to me if i get a few beats stolen every once in a while. im still going to sell them anyway. its not a huge deal for undergroud/unkown/small time producers, its probably just better to get your music out there and not worry so much about beat jackers.

Erica Johnson

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ColossusBeatfix said:
just got some beats stolen off soundclick, they werent available for download, and the guy got some pretty high quality versions somehow. beware.

but seriously, its not that big a deal to me if i get a few beats stolen every once in a while. im still going to sell them anyway. its not a huge deal for undergroud/unkown/small time producers, its probably just better to get your music out there and not worry so much about beat jackers.
Damn . . . .

Relic: Yea, I think I am going to start voice-tagging. Man, there is nothing that I dislike more than a thief. Like when people steal your stuff, I really want to hurt them. LOL It's like the worst thing to do, steal from someone. It shows you got no talent, you got no class, and you are a piece of shit.

Colossus: How did you find out they stole it and was it a person local to you? What did you do about it? I'd probably hire someone to take care of them . . . if you know what I mean. That's the wrong thing to do to me, steal from me.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
haha there was a dude here that hella jacked beats and claimed them as his own, it was funny too cus some of them would be all like clippin and shit and he'd be like "i have no idea why it's clipping, something is wrong with my export function"

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Erica Johnson said:
Damn . . . .

Colossus: How did you find out they stole it and was it a person local to you? What did you do about it? I'd probably hire someone to take care of them . . . if you know what I mean. That's the wrong thing to do to me, steal from me.

actually, dude emailed me, like peep what i did on your tracks. i was mad because he stole some old ass tracks that i hadnt gotten copywritten. but what i did was just bluffed him and said i take legal action if he didnt pay for them, and for some reason, it worked. got my money yesterday.

and trebeatz...we dont like to talk about that around here. but youll find there are quite a few people who know exactly what you are talking about... itll probably just be an inside joke forever.

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Word is bond. I never jack anyone's beats. There is no need for that bullshit. I can make my own joints. That being said; I will jack an old ass sample or record that is on some site that only allows you to "listen" to it though. I can get high quality recordings of whatever off the net as long as the original is not too shabby. All I do is record whatever it is right into Wavelab, tweak it, and do my thang. I rarely leave samples as they are when I use them anyway. There's always some type of tweaking going on with me. I don't play that loopty loop ish. LOL!
As far as bitin' someone else's joint goes; that is the wackest shit that you can do. If you're that weak then just leave the game alone and find something else to do.
I normally only post raw straight un-mixed tracks on soundclick or wherever. I never post any of my protools session tracks on the net.
Copywriting is the way to go though. Atleast then you have a legal leg to stand on if one of your beats get jacked by some no talent ass bustah tryin' to come up usin' your blood sweat & soul.
At the same time though; not to contradict myself, I have had one of my joints stolen off off soundclick, and I NEVER put them up for download. I didn't trip though; because the dude chopped it up and re-did it the same way that we do samples on tha regular. I knew it was mine because it was one of my original compositions with no samples at all. Being that it was'nt copywritten; there was nothing I could do about it anyway. I guess I got jacked liked James Brown or George Clinton. LOL!
ONE

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
this thread reminds me of burna/money

but i voicetag all my shit and disable the download. so if they find away around one, theres the other

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
ColossusBeatfix said:
and trebeatz...we dont like to talk about that around here. but youll find there are quite a few people who know exactly what you are talking about... itll probably just be an inside joke forever.

Yeah i c dat. I aint gonna go into details but all i gotta say is yall def be careful.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Inside joke my ass. If yall talking about that unnamed money burning individual, air that shit out.

I'm real cool with certain individuals, and we trade constructive criticism through the entire creative process... now, if I was sending a 20% done track to Grafik and I found out months later dude been jacking beats, I'd have been pissed, cuz we cool and I'da wanted to know that shit.

But I got jacked on a local level... with some wackness I made like back in high school. It's all gravy, cuz it's so wack, i wouldnt have claimed it anyway.

EDIT: Grafik ain't a beat jacker... just using his herbed ass as an example.